We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montana Pine Resort or Liberty Hotels Ölü Deniz??

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bexley, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Montana Pine Resort or Liberty Hotels Ölü Deniz??

I have to book my summer break this week and I was all set on Montana Pine Resort (which I understand is a way up from Olu Deniz). However I'm a bit concerned that this hotel seems to be more geared towards OAP's from reviews I have read, and it will be myself and 11 year old going. I don't want something too loud and butlins like, but equality I don't want to be bored and would like my daughter to make some friends.

My other choice was Liberty aka Asena Beach, my only concern with this hotel is the room allocation and being near the strip, making it noisy according to TA reviews. The bonus being its near the beach whereas Montana is set up on a hillside away from a beach.I much prefer the look of Montana but confused as to what will be the best bet. Some thoughts would be appreciated!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montana Pine Resort or Liberty Hotels Ölü Deniz??

I really like liberty hotels, if you look through my profile and read my latest review it will tell you all about it.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montana Pine Resort or Liberty Hotels Ölü Deniz??

I really like liberty hotels, if you look through my profile and read my latest review it will tell you all about it. There are lots of families so your children should make friends :)

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Montana Pine Resort or Liberty Hotels Ölü Deniz??

i know montana pine is half way up the hill, between olu deniz and hisaronu. if you goto montana pine you have to get a bus or taxi all the time when you want togo out because its set back in the forest. i think you and your 11 year old could be better off at liberty hotel. olu deniz is a great place and im sure youll enjoy it.

Scotland
Level Contributor
316 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montana Pine Resort or Liberty Hotels Ölü Deniz??

Hi dcems

I've been to Montana loads of times and I'm not an OAP :-)

It is a quiet hotel - no blaring music around the pool and that's why we like it.

Some info to maybe help you make your mind up..

The hotel is nearer Hisaronu than Olu Deniz, there is a courtesy bus from the hotel to Olu Deniz that leaves at various times in the morning and returns late afternoon, it's about a 5 min drive.

There is a back way that you can walk down to Hisaronu we often do this but it's a bit of a hike up a hill on the return journey so we usually get a taxi back.

There is a mixture of ages of the guests and the hotel does cater for children with a mini-club - if your 11 year old was interested in that kind of thing but there aren't loads of kids and to be honest that's another reason we like it!

I'm sure you will have a lovely holiday whatever you decide. I'll give you the link to Montana's website incase you haven't seen it.

http://www.montanapine.com/index_en.html

Edited: 10 January 2014, 12:08
Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
307 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Montana Pine Resort or Liberty Hotels Ölü Deniz??

Hi dcems

We also narrowed it down to Montana Pine or Liberty. Love the look of Montana beautiful setting, quiet, no loud music, consistent good reviews, quality hotel.

However we have visited Oludeiz and Hisaronu a couple of times so know the area well, although not at either of these hotels. We have chosen Liberty Asena because its down in Olu Deniz town

close to the beach, & lagoon with lots of good bars and restaurants. It seems to be a good standard mid class hotel with facilites for couples and families. We are a 50+ couple no children with us but do enjoy going out and about, the Montana Pine would be good if we wanted to stay in hotel use the pool and facilities, eat in most nights.

Are you a pool person or beach person? We are beach people.

To be honest, If Montana Pine was located down in Olu Deniz would choose that one over Liberty Asena.

But Montana Pine is located up in the Pine Forest on hill above Olu Deniz, Hisaronu town is a good 20 minute walk.

I think you might be better at Liberty Asena, but whatever you decide Im sure will have a great holiday . We have been to lots of other resorts in Turkey but this place is very special. Make sure that you go on at least one 12 Island Boat trip, we usually go on 3 or 4 during 2 weeks holiday.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,629 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Montana Pine Resort or Liberty Hotels Ölü Deniz??

As mentioned the Liberty Asena is in the resort itself and is a great hotel- although must admit I know a few people who have loved the Montana Pine but just got bit fed up of jumping the bus or taxi.

Bexley, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Montana Pine Resort or Liberty Hotels Ölü Deniz??

Hi all and thank you for your replies.

The only thing I was concerned about with Liberty is being allocated a noisy room, also on another forum someone mentioned the drinks are expensive at Liberty and your bar bill can add up quite high. I am looking at booking half board but Im guessing that's just your breakfast and dinner, not including drinks or ice creams?(the latter not for me but for DD!) I normally book AI but want to go out and try all the lovely restaurants I keep hearing about!

8. Re: Montana Pine Resort or Liberty Hotels Ölü Deniz??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 05:18