We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh ideas for days out....

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Fresh ideas for days out....

This will be our fourth family holiday to Oludeniz.

We went to Tunisia last year for a change but missed Olu so much we are returning this summer.

Over the years we have done all the day trips, jeep safaris, boats trips,Kayakoy, water taxi to Calis, dolmus to Olive Garden Kabak etc and enjoyed them all.

We would like any suggestions of other days out, places to visit, hidden gems.

Oh and can I just say......WooOOoooOOoooo....... we are going back to beautiful Oludeniz !!! So excited. :)

Edited: 03 February 2014, 17:10
Watford, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fresh ideas for days out....

Dolmus to the top of Babadag to take in the views.

Gemiler Beach

Karagozler Boat Yard for an interesting look around followed by a chill on Aksazeler Beach.

Kargi Museum for traditional Turkish Breakfast

SunDial overlooking Fethiye for peaceful location and wonderful views.

Enjoy !

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fresh ideas for days out....

Thanks so much Nicholas, I'm off to work now but will defo look into all your suggestions later.

:)

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,629 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fresh ideas for days out....

Wait till you see the all new Fethiye waterfront/marina area, great place to visit day and evening.

Have you tried Kalkan/Kas day trip or ove3rnight stay.

Zirve Café now opened up on top of Babadag to watch the paragliders take off.

aguidetofethiye.com/zirve-cafe-a-mile-high-o…

Edited: 03 February 2014, 17:25
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,587 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fresh ideas for days out....

Ferry over to Rhodes for the day.

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fresh ideas for days out....

I would second that definitely visit the Sundial Restaurant the views are amazing & food lovely loads of choice. The views over Fethiye are spectacular you'll have a lovely evening. They include return transport

Lauren

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fresh ideas for days out....

Cheer guys, great suggestions.

I have just been looking on Zirve Cafe website and it looks amazing, we shall definitely pay a visit.

It says that they will take you back down to Olu after dinner, is there a dolmus that takes you up from Oludeniz ?

The Sundial looks wonderful too.

A day trip to Kas/Kalkan also looks like an interesting day. Can you easily get over night accommodation when you get here or is it best to book before you go ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fresh ideas for days out....

Hi MissCrewGee

I'm sure you can easily book something up when you get there but unless you have very good haggling skills you may find that it's cheaper to book something in advance, perhaps a couple of days ahead online.

Going to Kas/Kalkan is an interesting day out, the views along the coastal road are just amazing. You may also want to visit Patara beach on your way back, which is lovely.

How about a day trip around the Fethiye peninsula, there are a number of Bays which you may wish to discover and spend time at. This can be done by dolmush, think it's the orangey one that goes to Karagozler, which you can catch on the (one way) main road, once you walk back on yourself from the last stop arriving into Fethiye from Oludeniz.

If you haven't been, the Kings Garden Restuarant is a lovely experience. They serve great food and have wonderful views across Fethiye. They also pick you up and drop you back if you wish.

http://www.kingsgardenrestaurant.net/english/

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fresh ideas for days out....

A visit to the Turtle Hospital in Dalyan is well worth a visit, it was the highlight of my last trip there!

somerset
Level Contributor
788 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fresh ideas for days out....

Watching this post with interest , lots of new things to explore

and sami xxxxxxx blast from the past xxxx:):):)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fresh ideas for days out....

Happy to be coming back to the lovely Olu Deniz and looking for new things to do too, love the thought of going to the top of Badabag and watching them jump off without doing it myself! :)