We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bob's, Billy's, Sugar or Seahorse Beach?

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
307 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Bob's, Billy's, Sugar or Seahorse Beach?

We are going back to Olu Deniz and staying for 3 weeks in July. First time was 2001, and last time was in 2004, we are really looking forward to it, have been to many other resorts in Turkey since then, but our memories of OD being so special remain, partly maybe because it was our first Turkey holiday. It must have changed a fair bit in 10 years, but from reviews and photos looks like is still as magical but with more going on.

Last time we spent all our days at Bob's Beach on the other side of the lagoon. I see now that

there are 3 beaches to choose from, Billys, Sugar and Seahorse. Think Bob might have changed his name?! I remember at Bobs beach the sea was a bit muddy with lots of rocks, not great for swimming, was also very basic for drinks and coffee on the beach, cheap nescafe and kettle! Although the food in the restaurant was very good, Turkish authentic.

and I think that Bobs beach was the only one back then.

I see from the Sugar beach and Seahorse beach websites they have improved the facilities over the years.

So my question is which of these 3 (is it 3?) is the best one now, for sea beach quality,

not too crowded (spacing of chairs/ umbrellas)

Food and drinks.

Do they (which one) serve a good cappucino does anyone know if either of them, have a proper machine.

Do they all charge for sunbeds/umbrellas

No loud music blaring

They still do free picks up from hotels I think?

I know that everyone will have their reasons on which they prefer, so would really love to hear back from you with your views and opinions.

Many thanks

Edited: 09 February 2014, 16:42
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bob's, Billy's, Sugar or Seahorse Beach?

I prefer Billy's, they pick you up and drop you back, good food, friendly staff, not as rocky as Sugar Beach and their BBQ nights are fantastic! Not sure about a coffee machine sorry as only drink cold drinks when there!

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
839 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bob's, Billy's, Sugar or Seahorse Beach?

I think you will find that there is about 7 beaches now although I cant remember them all.

But I had a walk round them last year and they all have free buses and decent facilities with restaurants and bars, cant remember the prices for sunbeds and brollies but they are all similar and it really is just a personal preference which one you use

Birchington, kent...
Level Contributor
373 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bob's, Billy's, Sugar or Seahorse Beach?

I prefer the sea at Billy's and the space and vibe at Sugar beach. I think, from what you describe Bob's beach may have been sugar beach as I find the water n=muddy, very shallow and very rocky. Haven't been to any of the others.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
396 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bob's, Billy's, Sugar or Seahorse Beach?

i did billys and seahorse last year. It had been four years since we were there and it all had gone down hill. i preferred the seahorse but i wasn't happy with any of the beaches tb h . i thought it all looked shabby. the sand had cig buts pushed in it and iam not sure when the last time it was cleaned. if the sand is cleaned. i wont be off back there this year . but this is just my opinion

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bob's, Billy's, Sugar or Seahorse Beach?

We tried Billy's, Sugar Beach, Seahorse & another ( can't remember its name.

The best we found to be the seahorse,good food & friendly staff, picked us up at our hotel, we paid for sunbed & umbrella, our friends went to Olu Deniz after us, & they found the seahorse the best also.

silloth cumbria
Level Contributor
680 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bob's, Billy's, Sugar or Seahorse Beach?

Have a go at them all , we have prepared Billy's it got the most sandy parts but found if rather full even in late September ,Sugar , ,Seahourse, Paradise,St Nicholas, Billys and Sun City is the way it goes from Olu Deniz.

Airdrie, Scotland...
Level Contributor
46 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bob's, Billy's, Sugar or Seahorse Beach?

going in july also, we like billys beach bar ,check their website out, they also do a bbq night with entertainment, a great night out

Level Contributor
1,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bob's, Billy's, Sugar or Seahorse Beach?

Billy's gets my vote but haven't tried them all, keep meaning to try Sun City but never get that far. Didn't like sugar beach, water looked muddy and very rocky. But I also love the lagoon, water is so clear :)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bob's, Billy's, Sugar or Seahorse Beach?

we have been to billys once id not rush back we found them to be way to busy just rows of sunbeds upto the waters edge id rather go to the main beach and have plenty of space to talk and not feel like you have to watch what you say so people dont just listen to you talking, main beach all the way :)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bob's, Billy's, Sugar or Seahorse Beach?

I love to have a swim from the main beach but it isn't as relaxing and chilled as a Beach Club in the Lagoon and much safer if you've got children x

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz