We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shops/food places in Dalaman airport and prices?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
Shops/food places in Dalaman airport and prices?

What places to eat and shops are there in the airport

And roughly how much do things cost in the airport? Can you buy drinks outside of airport and bring them through security or are the measures the same as in the UK?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
715 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shops/food places in Dalaman airport and prices?

You really don't want to buy any food at Dalaman airport. Prices are extortionet. Yes you can bring food in your handbag but liquids are generally a no-no. If its hot then they they will rip you off in drinks, inc water.

IMO its a health hazard not having access to affordable or free water at the airport. They should really have a free drinking water tap.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,673 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shops/food places in Dalaman airport and prices?

As koolman said, very expensive to buy food and drink at Dalaman airport. And same security restrictions on liquids as in UK. You can take fruit to slake your thirst.

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shops/food places in Dalaman airport and prices?

I would never pay the prices for food and drink at Dalaman Airport as koolman3 has said in the last post, it is a total rip off. We only occasionally buy a bottle of water and only for the grand-children in desperation as we are there in peak time and they obviously need to drink because of the heat.

Food wise we always take our own sandwiches , crisps etc in our hand luggage and often take some fruit to help quench our thirst.

Dalaman Airport is well known to be one of the dearest airports for food and drink and I don't think their duty free prices are that good either, so we purchase ours on the plane.

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shops/food places in Dalaman airport and prices?

Every thing in these posting is true, only buy food or drink as a last resort, prices are sky high. Take your own sandwiches, you can buy them any place.

Plus, I always peel an orange, & put in into one of those plastic boxes with the clip down lids, helps to refresh your mouth if its hot.

Some people will tell you to use the airport lounge, but for the price, you have to eat & drink a lot. The upside to the lounge, is there are plenty of seating.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,705 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shops/food places in Dalaman airport and prices?

Read and learn!

Most hotels and cafes etc do carry out sandwiches for your journey.

Try a cheeky bottle in your luggage sometimes it gets through!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shops/food places in Dalaman airport and prices?

You can take liquids through the first security checkpoint as you enter the Airport, but not through the one after check-in.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shops/food places in Dalaman airport and prices?

Six quid for a can of pop....and that is no lie!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,204 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shops/food places in Dalaman airport and prices?

Check with your Bank some accounts give free access to the V.I.P. Lounges. If not you can, if you wish pay to go in. It's most handy if you have a flight delay. There is no free alcohol in the lounge, but once in you can eat as much food as you wish, food consists of:- sandwiches, salads, cheeses, cold meats, bread, rolls, cakes and soft drinks on tap, just serve yourself. There are also comfy seats, T.V. and W.I.F.I.

There are offers on the net to get discounts and the Kalkan Website gives a print off voucher for 20% off.

Last year it was around 25 Euros each (no charge for small children) to get in before discounts.

Edited: 17 February 2014, 15:51
Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
839 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shops/food places in Dalaman airport and prices?

We use the lounge at the airport and whilst yes it is not cheap , when compared to the prices at Dalaman for food and drinks it is well worth it for us especially when you also take into account the comfy seating instead of sitting on the hard wooden seating if any available or worse still the floor

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shops/food places in Dalaman airport and prices?

don't do it, you will spend more on a sarnie at Dalaman than a full meal in Olu Deniz, we buy sarnies and take fruit and a trick someone told me a few years ago when we first started coming to Turkey was buy melon and slice it up and wrap in cling film, never been stopped with it and great to quench your thirst.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz