We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New marriage procedures for Brits getting married in Turkey

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New marriage procedures for Brits getting married in Turkey

My daughter is getting married to her partner in June in Olu. She has just been told by her planner that all the procedure for getting the relevant paperwork has just changed, no more travelling to Antalya. At the moment the procedure is a bit sketchy,and she is going to get back to us but basically we fill out the relevant forms having them signed by a notary here and then sent to FCO at Milton Keynes for checking and official stamp and then presented to the local wedding office in Turkey along with passports. Can anyone living in Turkey confirm this and is there any official Turkish government web site giving the full details. Seems a bit simpler if this is correct, but a pain seeing as she had already started sorting things out with the original procedure.

Level Contributor
88 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New marriage procedures for Brits getting married in Turkey

We kinda decided allready what extras we want from thomad cook and put them down on the forms that they require back. From what I've read on Internet forums it's the resort coordinates that have the knowledge and do most if the work, the call centers over here are basically gloryfied receptionists. Hopefully this will be the case. Btw does the cordinater you contacted only look after Lykia Weddings, as I'm getting married at the Blue Lagoon?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,878 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: New marriage procedures for Brits getting married in Turkey

The problem here is that the Wedding Venues do not open until the end of April. Oludeniz is a purpose built holiday resort that is seasonal. Our son was married there. The year before the wedding we went out and arranged everything. The Wedding venue was Sugar Beach. The lady who was arranging the wedding told us in September that the venue, Sugar Beach, would be closing at the end of October and would not open again until April the next year. The staff all went on holiday at this time. This is why T.C. will not be able to tell you anything as there will probably be no one available to ask.

I have also heard that T.C. will give you three dates in the week for the wedding, so try and confirm with them when it will actually be held.

I think this is a good reason to arrange a wedding yourself with a local wedding planner, there are many in Oludeniz.

There is no way you would want to go to Antalya if you don't need to it's a long trip. Leaving at 7.00am in the morning and over 3 hours to get there, then filling in all the documentation, then a visit to a doctor, then the journey back. My son and his wife did this and hated the day. So, doing it locally is much better.

Good luck.

sheffield
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: New marriage procedures for Brits getting married in Turkey

Just remember you need to have all your paperwork done with correct signatures and FCO legal stamps in UK before you go to Turkey, otherwise no wedding.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: New marriage procedures for Brits getting married in Turkey

Im getting married in September with Thomas Cook at the Blue Lagoon. I emailed the destinations manager in Turkey and they said the weddings co-ordinator will be available from mid April. After reading this I am going to email back and ask what I should do.

Thanks for the heads up x

Level Contributor
88 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: New marriage procedures for Brits getting married in Turkey

I've gotten info of thomas cook, if you speak to them they will email you the affidavit and help guide to fill in, as the new procedure must be done now. At least it saves the long trip to antayla. Yay!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: New marriage procedures for Brits getting married in Turkey

Thank You Andrew, I've spoke to Thomas Cook who are sending me the new wedding pack out today :)

Level Contributor
88 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: New marriage procedures for Brits getting married in Turkey

Does anyone know if you still have to have blood tests if you get married in olu deniz now some of the rules have changed. If so what hospital do you have to go to for these!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
8,972 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: New marriage procedures for Brits getting married in Turkey

Here is still loads of information:

allaboutturkey.com/marriage_foreigners.htm

and this one:

…angloinfo.com/family/…

I think this gives all the needed info, good luck to all!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: New marriage procedures for Brits getting married in Turkey

When I spoke to Thomas Cook they said we still have to have the blood test

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,878 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: New marriage procedures for Brits getting married in Turkey

No blood test necessary as you are coming from the U.K., you just get taken to a Doctor and sign some forms.

I think this is the problem with booking with T.C. They have very little knowledge of what goes on in Turkey where weddings are concerned

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz