We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lykia world refurb.

nottingham
Level Contributor
68 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Lykia world refurb.

Hi,

Any one know how the refurb has gone at lykia world.? have been to olu deniz a couple of times before. Love the place. Done some great trips in this area. Stayed in ovacik originally and down in olu deniz second time around.

Lykia world always caught my eye. I think it's not value for money at the height of summer. But managed to secure an early season deal. 2 adults 2 kids 1 infant 2.5k all in 2 weeks over Easter hola.Family room two beds. The same holiday would have been 6.5k on August and to be honest. Have found ourselves retreating to aircon after lunch in the height of summer.

So fingers crossed they have finished the refurb and fingers crossed for the weather. Which currently looks 20-24 c kind of area which is fine.

Will submit a review and pics of the resorts updates. 5 more sleeps only -jealous :-)

St Helens
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lykia world refurb.

Keen to know any news -we land there 5th April !

Hampshire
Level Contributor
61 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lykia world refurb.

We are there in a few weeks - please post details, desperate to know how the refurbishments have gone!!

nottingham
Level Contributor
68 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lykia world refurb.

Not good news I'm afraid place is a building site. One bar and one restaurant open. Shocking. Very disappointed. There are no heated pools on the village side. Just a pool with an inflatable tent. Blowing warm air into the tent. The waters actually colder than outside.

Feel totally cheated. Thomas Cook never informed the resort renovations not completed. Will be pursuing them for a refund. If your coming in next few weeks would definetly reconsider.

lancashire
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lykia world refurb.

That's not good, we go the first week in June so hopefully it will be finished, but to let you go without informing you that the renovations are incomplete is unacceptable, hope things improve for you

Liverpool, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lykia world refurb.

is this true?...both thomas cook and travel agent have no indication of any works going on there?

Hampshire
Level Contributor
61 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lykia world refurb.

I am really worried to hear this but THANK YOU for taking the time to post. We are arriving a week tomorrow. Are you staying on the village side? How are the rooms themselves? I was rather concerned that they were not putting up any pictures of the village rooms on their facebook page, only the residence side. Does it look like things might be finished in a week's time? Do you know if the kids clubs are running?

Thank you for any advice you can give. We have only paid for our flights, nothing to the hotel yet. If you were me, would you be looking for a different hotel in Olu Deniz for next week?

Liverpool, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Lykia world refurb.

i have rung the hotel up directly...and sent them a mail...they did indicate that some things were shut...but it was difficult to understand. So I am asking a turkish friend of mine to ring up and ask them. i will keep you posted. we fly out on friday.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
61 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lykia world refurb.

Thanks Paul J, that's really kind of you.

In the meantime, I am starting to look at other hotels....

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lykia world refurb.

Booked my daughter and her family here flying on the 11th for a very special holiday. I dare not tell her until i try and change hotel. Will contact Thomas Cook today.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
61 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lykia world refurb.

Would be interested to know what Thomas Cook say. When I spoke to them yesterday they didn't even know the hotel was being refurbished. Personally I think that's terrible - you only have to look at their facebook page to know all about the refurbishment work. I think it's appalling of Thomas Cook to be so totally out of touch with one of their more popular hotels.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz