We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olu Deniz white water rafting

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Olu Deniz white water rafting

Hi,

I'm travelling to Olu Deniz in May 14-21 2014, I've heard the water rafting excursions are really good and really wnat to do it. I've checked on websites and it appears to start in June which am gutted about.

Just wondering if anyone knew different or had done it earlier in the season?

Any help would be appreciated, good knews would be even better!! :)

Thank you!

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,235 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olu Deniz white water rafting

White Water Rafting starts in April until October. Look at the FAQ's on their website

turkeyrafting.com/white-water-rafting-dalama…

Just a piece of advice, this is classed as an Extreme Sport by your travel Insurance Company and they will not cover it under your normal policy. Take out an extreme policy with your travel insurance before you leave the U.K. apparently it's not expensive.

There have been accidents and fatalities in the past.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olu Deniz white water rafting

Try contacting this company as they have trips running from March and have a very good reputation

alternatifoutdoor.com/dalaman_river.php

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,235 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olu Deniz white water rafting

Bende, The place you are advertising is in Marmaris, quite a long way from Oludeniz.:(

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Oludeniz
Oludeniz
Mugla Province, Turkey
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
928 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olu Deniz white water rafting

You can do 'tyre' rafting or 'tubing' at Saklikent Gorge although it is not as exciting as full rafting. You can see this in my video of the Jeep Safari at 8:00m onwards:

http://youtu.be/qL21pQB6yYk

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Olu Deniz white water rafting

Yup Francis Jane, their main office is in Marmaris but they run trips on the Dalaman River. Arranging transfers is not a big deal. There is no rafting company that is based in Olu, only agents - so best to drop an email to the people who organise it rather than just those that try to sell packages

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Olu Deniz white water rafting

Opps they also operate in Coruh in the North East of the country which is even further to go but since they are quality they do this a couple of times a year

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,235 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Olu Deniz white water rafting

I would say the company that I gave the website for who are in Dalaman (about 50 minutes from Olu) who pick up in Olu and all the surrounding areas would be more convenient than a company 3-4 hours drive away.

Mentioned in this post
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Olu Deniz white water rafting

There is excellent white water rafting on the Dalaman River and the excursions run from May 1st usually. It IS extreme, people under 17 are not able to participate, but it is AMAZING. I have a video of it but am not able to post it here unfortunately, but you would see how great it is.

Mentioned in this post
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
9. Re: Olu Deniz white water rafting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 06:16