We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!! - Affidavit for Wedding in June

Wakefield, UK
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help!! - Affidavit for Wedding in June

Hi all, me and partner are due to marry in Oludeniz in June this year. The procedure for paperwork has changed from 1st March and we have been told we now need to complete a Affidavit then have it signed in front or either a Public Notary or Commissioner for Oaths before submitting to the FCO Legalisation department. Problem is there is a vast difference in price... a Solicitor (Commissioner for Oaths) will charge £5 per form, the Public Notary has quoted £84 per form or £154 per form including sending for legalisation.

If anyone else can please help with advice as everytime I look online for information it tells me different things!

We have already wasted £70 getting forms of impediment, that we no longer need and also £20 on obtaining birth certificates.

The thing is we will both need to take more time off work to go get these forms signed too and want to make sure im doing it correctly. Thank you in advance for any help. Cara.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,767 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!! - Affidavit for Wedding in June

Hi, it may be a good idea to post this on the Fethiye forum which is a working town and may offer more expertise in the matter. You never know a Turkish lawyer may even jump in to help!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!! - Affidavit for Wedding in June

Hi Cara

I get married in May in Olu and have recently had our paperwork signed by a notary public. Just use the website to find a local one

http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/

We paid 70 for both affidavits to be signed. Then it costs another £66 to post it to Milton Keynes and have it made official.

The prices varied massively from £70 - £220 (!!) We managed to find someone that worked from home and did evening & weekend appointments so didn't have to faff around with work.

Luckily we aren't that organised and hadn't got round to doing a certificate of no impediments etc, or I'd have been peeved at having to pay twice too!!

Wakefield, UK
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!! - Affidavit for Wedding in June

Thank you for your replies.

Codfather, ive posted the same on Fethiye forum as suggested and have had a couple of replies so far directing me to places for further info, just waiting to see if anyone else can shed any light!

Stan - thank you for your reply, its so confusing, our wedding organiser has kept us up to date and sent the attachements with information on and i have emailed her asking if Commissioner of Oaths ok or Public Notary and I am awaiting her reply.

The actual Affidavit has three places it can be signed, Public Notary, Commissioner of Oaths and think other one says Consulat Office and then it says 'delete as appropriate' but the guidance notes that came with it only mention Notary which is why im so confused. Money is very tight now with all the wedding preparations and the cost of over £300 is just not money we have, especially if we can pay £10 instead!!! Ive checked the website you have suggested for Notaries but unfortunately for us there are only two in our town and they both work for the same firm that I rang yesterday! Plus it means my other half has to have more unpaid time off work to go get the forms signed. Hopefully I will get a reply soon, in the meantime, anyone else getting married I would love to know who signed your form!! Thank you

Congratulations on your wedding by the way, hope you have a fantastic time! x

Wakefield, UK
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!! - Affidavit for Wedding in June

Thank you for your replies.

Codfather, ive posted the same on Fethiye forum as suggested and have had a couple of replies so far directing me to places for further info, just waiting to see if anyone else can shed any light!

Stan - thank you for your reply, its so confusing, our wedding organiser has kept us up to date and sent the attachements with information on and i have emailed her asking if Commissioner of Oaths ok or Public Notary and I am awaiting her reply.

The actual Affidavit has three places it can be signed, Public Notary, Commissioner of Oaths and think other one says Consulat Office and then it says 'delete as appropriate' but the guidance notes that came with it only mention Notary which is why im so confused. Money is very tight now with all the wedding preparations and the cost of over £300 is just not money we have, especially if we can pay £10 instead!!! Ive checked the website you have suggested for Notaries but unfortunately for us there are only two in our town and they both work for the same firm that I rang yesterday! Plus it means my other half has to have more unpaid time off work to go get the forms signed. Hopefully I will get a reply soon, in the meantime, anyone else getting married I would love to know who signed your form!! Thank you

Congratulations on your wedding by the way, hope you have a fantastic time! x

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,754 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help!! - Affidavit for Wedding in June

I think you got good advice on the Fethiye Forum especially the piece from Supercabby who directed you to a Facebook page that where dealing with the exact subject you are asking about. There you could have joined in and asked questions and got the answers you are looking for. However, you read the posts on the Fethiye Forum and just left the Forum without any acknowledgement to posters. I personally, asked if you had a wedding planner in Oludeniz, because in our experience, wedding planners deal with these issues for you and explain them in great detail in the long run they cheaper in some cases than DIY.

Wakefield, UK
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help!! - Affidavit for Wedding in June

Hi Frances-Jane, yes I did get good advice and it my intention to reply it just that I only had time this morning to reply on this forum as needed to set off to get my two children to nursery and get myself to work for a meeting. I am not actually on facebook (I know, in this day and age hard to believe, ha!) but since ive got to work ive asked one of my friends to log on for me and your right there is lots of talk re the Affidavits. It seems that either must be ok to sign, some have said they have paid £7 for the two forms signing by Commissioner for Oaths and others the Notary and have paid a lot more.

And yes I have a Wedding Planner and have emailed her to ask but just awaiting reply and thought other people due to get married might respond quicker on here.

Im now going to log back onto Fethiye forum to post my thanks for replys! Cara. x

Level Contributor
88 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help!! - Affidavit for Wedding in June

Hey guys getting married first week in June down by the lagoon. Like you I wasted money getting the CNI but at least it's not a day wasted going to antayla now. I payed £80 for a notory public to sign the two affidavits and he even posted them to Milton Keynes for us fir the apostle to be affixed. My advice when you send them off add the extra £6 so you get them sent back recorded delivery, stops posty loses them.

8. Re: Help!! - Affidavit for Wedding in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations