We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oludeniz and Tiny Akropol

12 posts
Save Topic
Oludeniz and Tiny Akropol

Hiya,

Can anyone help please...?

My hubby and I are going to Oludeniz for the first time at the end of May.

I was wondering whether it's better to book outings before you go, say with Tiny Akropol, or book them separately over there?

Also, does anyone know which paragliding company and boat companies they use? I'm thinking the smaller boats, not the ones with slides.

Thanks so much.

Mentioned in this post
Oludeniz
Oludeniz
Mugla Province, Turkey
Cardiff
Level Contributor
213 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oludeniz and Tiny Akropol

We are going beginning of May and after looking at other comments contacted Tiny Akrapol and have been really impressed with them. Granted we have not been on trips so shouldn't comment until afterwards but they always respond to questions quickly and we are not paying any money until the first morning of the holiday when they are visiting the hotel to meet us. They do have a Facebook page, but I would suggest you contact them, it gave us confidence and will save valuable holiday time pre booking. I will report back when we return but it may be to late for you. Gareth

12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oludeniz and Tiny Akropol

Thank you very much Gareth, that's really helpful.

12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Oludeniz and Tiny Akropol

I don't know how to edit my last comment and there was more I forgot to add, sorry.

My main concern with booking before I go, is that you have to specify a day when you want to go and not having been there before, when you actually get there, it might not suit or we might change our mind.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oludeniz and Tiny Akropol

We always use Tinyakropol for transfers and they are really good.As I'm def not one to plan ahead, we always book in resort. Tiny have an office in Hisaronu if you want to use them or one of the others in Olu. If you're good at haggling it won't cost any more than booking in advance and you can decide on most trips the day before

Mentioned in this post
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Mugla Province, Turkey
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,116 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oludeniz and Tiny Akropol

Just book when you get there, Booking early and having to specify date and day is not a good idea, as you have not been before you will want to explore a bit and also relax on some days, but if you have pre-booked you may not feel like going on the booked day. It's not a problem to book when you are there,

Also, please note that paragliding,horse riding,quad biking,jeep safari are all classed as Extreme Sports, so your Travel Insurance will not cover you for these pursuits. If you intend to do any of these things get Extreme Sports Insurance from your Travel Company, If you don't and you have an accident and miss a flight you will pay for it yourself, A medi-vac home costs upwards of £30,000, The Turkish Companies will offer insurance, but this is only for Turkey.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Oludeniz and Tiny Akropol

Thanks everyone for your help, it has been really insightful. I have got my extra travel insurance booked, made sure it covered all the exciting we're interested in doing.

Can't wait, I'm ridiculously excited!!!

crawley
Level Contributor
547 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oludeniz and Tiny Akropol

Always book trips up in Turkey

Always change your money up in Turkey

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
8. Re: Oludeniz and Tiny Akropol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz