We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So what is considered a good rate of exchange?

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Merseyside
Level Contributor
102 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
So what is considered a good rate of exchange?

I have no idea what is considered a good rate of exchange for Turkish lira! I have seen mention of 3.81 but it is less at the moment. Would like to maybe start buying some now if the rate is as good as it might get. We are going in June.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So what is considered a good rate of exchange?

There is no real answer to this, if you can afford to buy some now then buy some, it may increase, it may not.

We got 3.8 a few months back but there was no guarantee it wouldn't go any higher, it was a calculated risk.

UK
Level Contributor
128 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So what is considered a good rate of exchange?

I am going out there shortly. I always get it there as the rate is generally slightly better than UK. It has dropped back a bit to around 3.5 - 3.6 but that is still quite a bit up on last summer.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So what is considered a good rate of exchange?

Last year l got 2.8 so its a load better than that BUT the prices may have gone up to reflect this so in theory you wont be any better off.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So what is considered a good rate of exchange?

liv,,keep a eye on this. http://www.garanti.com.tr/en

and if it starts to drop a lot get some .its the best rate the lira has been,,last season was good as well its gen 2,50.at the most,,but last season and this its been very good,

Merseyside
Level Contributor
102 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So what is considered a good rate of exchange?

Hi

Many thanks for your replies. We have stayed AI in Turkey in the past so haven't had to think about the rate too much!

6. Re: So what is considered a good rate of exchange?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 05:16