We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free in Oludeniz

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
209 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten free in Oludeniz

Hi all,

I've just been diagnosed with coeliac disease and we're going to Oludeniz in June. We know the resort fairly well having been there several times, but this is a new problem!

Does anyone know if Azda or any of the other supermarkets stock much now in gluten free? Do any restaurants have any special gluten free things like pizza, or is that too much to ask for? Gluten free beer would be nice too, but at least I can still have chips!

I know there are lots of nice things I can have to eat and we're going b&b so if I could just get some bread it would be a help.

I can see from a previous conversation on the topic that there wasn't much a couple of years ago, but that may have changed now (I'm hoping).

Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten free in Oludeniz

Hi would like to know also, I have an intolerance to alot of foody things, and although I love the Turkish food, by the end of my 2 weeks I'm suffering :(

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
209 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten free in Oludeniz

As it's Coeliac Awareness Week I thought I'd push this up to the top again!

If nobody can give me any info before I go (16th June) I'll post anything I find out while I'm there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten free in Oludeniz

We're going in a couple of weeks, so will have a look around and report back whilst we're there or when we get back. I need to do it anyway for my Mum as she's a Coeliac and wanted to know what the gluten free situation was like out there.

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
209 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten free in Oludeniz

Thank you so much Marky, that would be brilliant!

Birchington, kent...
Level Contributor
373 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten free in Oludeniz

My friend has gluten intolerant and she had not problem, she had lots of fish,and told restaurants who understood well.

I think Budweiser is Gluten free? Not sure if they do it there. She had lots of cocktails and was fine, and wine?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gluten free in Oludeniz

We were in Olu Deniz last summer & my partner has coeliac. Don't recall seeing gluten free bread anywhere, but he usually takes his own & asks hotel or restaurants to microwave it for him. There's quite a good choice of gf meals in restaurants e.g casseroles, chicken, steak, lamb. Just explain when ordering what you can't eat or get a print out in Turkish.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gluten free in Oludeniz

We were in Olu Deniz last summer & my partner has coeliac. Don't recall seeing gluten free bread anywhere, but he usually takes his own & asks hotel or restaurants to microwave it for him. There's quite a good choice of gf meals in restaurants e.g casseroles, chicken, steak, lamb. Just explain when ordering what you can't eat or get a print out in Turkish.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gluten free in Oludeniz

Forgot to mention he's always been fine with the bottled efes!

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
209 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gluten free in Oludeniz

Hi all,

I've been thinking about the dishes usually on the menu in most places and there won't be too much difficulty with dinner; but how I'm going to manage watching my husband eating pides & pizzas I don't know! The pides at Kumsal Pide are nearly worth getting stomach ache for. I probably won't bother taking any bread for breakfast; there is usually plenty of other stuff on the buffet, but I might get something there.

I've looked up Efes and it's described as "rice beer" somewhere; I've found their website and asked them if it's gluten free. Would be great if it is, will let you all know. Apparently Budweiser is not gluten free, but they do make one called Red Bridge which is.

Coeliac UK have a fact sheet for each tourist country on their website which looks useful; it has handy phrases on it to explain the problems.

Roll on 16th June!

Birchington, kent...
Level Contributor
373 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gluten free in Oludeniz

Well my friend and auntie are both gluten intolerant and they drink bud, in fact my auntie's allergy leaves her with ulcers, but I did say I think so it might be the product your refer to!

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations