We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewellery

Isle Of Wight
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Topic
Jewellery

Is it safe to wear Gold Jewellery while out and about in Olu ie: Necklace, Bracelet, Rings, ect.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewellery

Never had a problem but can any where be guaranteed? It feels safer in OD than at home...

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewellery

I agree with Mike H

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
270 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewellery

I agree too! I don't wear gold, apart from my wedding ring; but I do wear some heavy duty silver. I've never felt the slightest bit worried. In fact, my holiday is a good time to give my silver jewellery a few outings!

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,016 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewellery

Gromit, I see you have been to the area before, so I wonder why you ask this question now?

I have never heard of anyone being robbed of their jewellery whilst they are out walking around in Turkey.

However, I have read about it happening in Britain.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Isle Of Wight
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewellery

Hi Frances-Jane, Yes have been to the area before, never had any jewellery on, but on the TV a few week's ago there was a chap describing about a shop owner offering up a T/Shirt to him for to buy, when the shop owner took the T/Shirt back he also took the Man's Gold chain with it. I have never had any problems like this, I think OLU is one of the best places on Earth to go for your Holibobs, but hearing this tail did make me wonder? Hope this answers your question as to why I posted this.

6. Re: Jewellery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:17