We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

duty free

Leigh, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
duty free

its prob been asked before but can anyone tell me if you can use the duty free when you land at dalaman for cigerettes and roughly how mutch thank you

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
782 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: duty free

Yes you can, cost wise will depend on brands.

Level Contributor
88 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: duty free

Yeah there is a decent few shops by where you claim your luggage when you land, I don't smoke myself but the brother on law said they weren't that cheap in duty free, but was paying just over £2 for a box from the shop in our hotel.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
17,137 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: duty free

Buy tobacco and alcohol at your departure airport in the U.K. on the plane or at the Duty Free in Dalaman.

All tobacco products and alcohol in any shops or hotels in the resorts must go through Turkish Customs and have an orange/yellow customs stamp on them. So be very careful what you buy in the resorts as there are a lot of fake tobacco products that are made in China in very unhygienic conditions some have been found to contain arsenic and also rat poo.

Best to get your favourite brands in approved sources.

Level Contributor
354 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: duty free

Get fags/Bacci on the plane or in dalaman

Get alcohol on the plane

Trust me

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
840 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: duty free

I but the Jack Daniels at Dalaman as it is cheaper , In May it was £22.50 for a litre in Dalaman and It was definitely more at Manchester

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
782 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: duty free

Both Thompson and Thomas Cook, if you're flying with them, publish their in-flight magazines online with their duty free costs. If you have a look at them you can make your own judgement as to best place to purchase. I'm sure if you post the question asking for current prices in Dalaman a recent traveller will respond with the details.

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
920 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: duty free

I found my brand of cigarettes to be cheaper in Dalaman Airport. Manchester charge £54.00 for 400 Richmond menthol whereas Dalaman charge £43.00.

8. Re: duty free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz