We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Home again but so glad I visited

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Merseyside
Level Contributor
102 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Home again but so glad I visited

Got home last night. Have already tortured myself looking at my photos and looking at the webcams. What a great place Oludeniz is, it is exactly what everyone here says it is. Friendly people, laid back and in an astoundingly gorgeous area. Big shouts to Antique Restaurant, Sultan Ahmet Restaurant, the bistro at the Belcehan Deluxe for its end of the evening drinks. And of course, our hotel, Marcan Resort. We are planning on going back, don't know when but we will. To anyone reading this who is thinking of going..... don't just sit there thinking about it just do it. Word of warning though... Dalaman Airport will test you to your limits lol. But your time in Oludeniz will way more make up for it!! Oh well, off to Asda (not Azda lol), but no pide there for us!

South Wales, New...
Level Contributor
591 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Home again but so glad I visited

I see the bug has bitten you well and truly.Tempted to turn this thread into one on Dalaman Airport!!

Slough, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Home again but so glad I visited

Got back myself from Oludeniz on 16th June - was my first visit and I loved every minute! My Cousin has been several times and she always told me what a wonderful place it was - lovely friendly people, brilliant food and weather was fantastic! Can't wait to return - such a relaxing holiday and I have been looking at my pics and reliving every moment! I agree Dalaman airport will test even the most patient of people!! It is well worth the aggro at the airport though to spend the time in beautiful Oludeniz!

darwen
Level Contributor
333 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Home again but so glad I visited

Dalaman has always usually been okay when we've been, has it changed since the new visa process came in?

Cheers

Slough, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Home again but so glad I visited

Not sure as it was my first time at Dalaman but my Cousin has been before and it was worse this time apparently so maybe down to the Visa Process?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Home again but so glad I visited

When was it you were so sorely tested by Dalaman Airport, Living for Summer and Rocky - was it on the way in or the way out?

I mean I know it is really expensive to buy any food or drink there - is that what you are talking about?

Slough, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Home again but so glad I visited

It was the horrendous queues - to top it all it was total mayhem on the way back - think coming back was made worse by the Check In guys' printer breaking so he couldn't print off our boarding passes for ages!! It was a bit of a nightmare to be honest and as I said "tested our patience" slightly - having said that I would not let it put me off going back as it was well worth the stay in beautiful Oludeniz - don't let it put you off going as maybe it is not always like that - by the way a little tip for you be aware that if your case is overweight on your return they charge £16 per kilo apparently - we didn't discover this until a day or so before we came home - we were lucky as the printer breaking diverted all his attention from the weight of the cases - how lucky was that?! Hope you love Oludeniz as much as I do!!

Slough, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Home again but so glad I visited

Sorry meant to say we went out on the 9th June and returned on the 16th so quite recently

Edited: 02 July 2014, 10:24
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Home again but so glad I visited

Loved the place agree totally with dalaman airport having large queues plus the heat in there don't the air con work will return again hopefully next year.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
102 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Home again but so glad I visited

Ahh, Dalaman Airport. Very slow luggage handlers for one! We waited quite a bit longer than we have before to get our luggage. Visa queue no problem at all, most people seem to have got the point of the electronic visa. Going back home.... the three separate queues before you get to departures... luggage x-rayed, check in, and then another x-ray and passport control. I suppose that it is best to have a good standard of security though! No air-con. Prices astronomical when you get in there.

Tip - Buy some food at the resort to take with you rather than pay the prices at the airport. Although I must admit we had not much time before getting into departures and take off so it wasn't a worry.

In no way should it put you off going. Olu Deniz worth it!

Oh, and the transfer time was only 1hour and 15 mins for us. May be different at other times though. Could have done without the 40 minute wait for the couple who got a taxi and didn't let TC know they didn't want the coach - grrrr!

10. Re: Home again but so glad I visited

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz