We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it for us...?

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Is it for us...?

Hi everyone

I'm really leaning towards Olu Deniz for a week in September 2015. Spent lots of time over the years in Marmaris/Icmeler but was a little disappointed last year as we felt the food/service standards had slipped a fair bit.

What I'm looking for is a medium sized resort. Beautiful scenic surroundings, great restaurants with good authentic food and a good choice of bars. Not into "entertainment" or really loud music, but prefer chill-out places where we can drink until the early hours.

We would only really be interested in SC or b&b accommodation. Quite like the idea of Fethiye being so accessible.

Have also looked at Bodrum/Gumbet area but my instincts are telling me to go for Olu Deniz. The other half wants to go back to Marmaris but I'm trying to persuade him otherwise..!

So...is Olu Deniz for us..? Many thanks in advance for any advice :)

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it for us...?

Ticks all the boxes that you mentioned.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it for us...?

Try it and see..... you will be back

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it for us...?

Olu Deniz has everything you have asked for. Absolutely perfect for you.

scotland
Level Contributor
306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it for us...?

You got all your needs mentioned but on top of it all you get beautiful white sands on the beaches nearby.....no hassle at all from anyone ..none whatsoever...great boat trips from olu and fethiye....lovely villages to explore nearby in the forested valleys or up in the hills....cheaper prices....and fab Destination Experts on the oludeniz,fethiye,hisaronu and related forums....its the trip you have dreamed of....

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it for us...?

Wow thanks :) Sounds perfect. Is the beach really sandy? It looks beautiful but heard the beach is more pebble/shingle? Not that that's an issue to be honest but would like to know.. Also, are some bars open til the early hours? My clubbing days are more or less over but we do like a few late ones without feeling like we're outstaying our welcome :)

oxford
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it for us...?

Hi the big main beach you see on all the photo,s is quite shingley and a bit steep into the water. The other beaches in the Lagoon are much better, proper sand with several bars who will pick you up and return you to your hotel.

As said before Olu has everything you want plus 10 minutes up the road is Hisaronhu could,nt be better 2 resorts for the price of 1 equals a bargain, have a great time.

maidstone
Level Contributor
44 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it for us...?

We stayed in Icemeler last year and enjoyed it but going back to Olu Deniz this year with Fethiye and Hisaranou near by we prefer this area give it a try Im sure you will love it.

Scotland
Level Contributor
625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it for us...?

You forgot to mention Suz....must have on site plumber....well...with you around :)

Gerry

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it for us...?

Hahaha forgot I told you about that..! Hope you're well fella x Thanks to everyone (except Gerry lol) for your replies - very useful and much appreciated. Think its gotta be Olu Deniz for next September :)

Scotland
Level Contributor
625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it for us...?

I've only ever been to Marmaris when holidaying in Tiurkey....it would feel so strange boarding a transfer at airport and heading off in a different direction.Besides....when a tad tipsy after a night out auto pilot kicks in and I awake in roughly the area I'm staying in.Why not do a week in each Suz? :)

Gerry

X

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz