We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fave book read for holidays

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,706 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Fave book read for holidays

I will have to start this again, daughter loved Eeny Meeny.

Here's the old link, lots more books have been written since then so join in!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g312737-i9292-k4…

7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fave book read for holidays

I only ever really read on holiday lol but I'll be bringing whichever book I'm up to in the no.1 ladies detective agency series next when I come on holiday in 11 days! :)

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
839 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fave book read for holidays

I love Lee Childs ' Jack Reacher ' and another favourite is Stephen Leathers ' Sider Shepherd ' but I will read almost anything

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fave book read for holidays

Read a cracker when i was at the Tonoz in June.. "I am Pilgrim"...left it there if anybody fancies

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fave book read for holidays

Mike, I have just downloaded I am Pilgrim on to my Kindle for holiday read together with The Son. Can't wait to read them. Also Just read Paul Finch - Stalkers and the two books following that, can't remember the name of the second one but the third was called The Killers Club.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fave book read for holidays

İ normally stick to short reads - such as menus.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,207 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fave book read for holidays

I read a book in June that was written by Sian Busby. It was called "A common place murder"

It was very good. Sian was married to Robert Peston who is very well know on T.V. and the Business Editor for the B.B.C.

She died a painful death of cancer and was writing this as her last book, she struggled to finish it in longhand. After her death, Robert took all her handwritten notes and finished the book. The prefix is very sad as it tells how Robert was so keen to have Sian's last book published. She was an excellent author and is a lost to the literary world.

I would highly recommend this as a great read. Set just after the war in London it is a really page turner.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fave book read for holidays

Yorkie 50, "The Son"? is that the story of a family in the west? If so I have read it and you have a couple of cracking reads there... enjoy, Mike

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fave book read for holidays

just bought the game of thrones boxset books ready and waiting for 30th August. Loved the series and i hear these books are even better.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fave book read for holidays

The books are fabulous and to my mind the TV series is a pale shadow but then I always prefer a book... the problem is that I have been stuck for about 2 years waiting for the next one, come on Mr Martin get creating!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fave book read for holidays

Yes Mike it is. Can't wait to read it. Tempted to have a look before I go, don't go until September! Have plenty of others though to read before then.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz