We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lykia World Garden Room

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lykia World Garden Room

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has recent first hand experience of the garden rooms at Lykia World, the ones with no balcony or terrace. We are due to fly out on Sunday (2 adults, one 11 year old) and we have one of these rooms. I'm not too bothered about no balcony but am worried the rooms are small and away from the main village (neither of which was mentioned when booking). There are only 3 of us and we don't spend a huge amount of time in the room but I know all the rooms have been upgraded and I've just looked on the Lykia World site and it gives it's accommodation in two categories, Lykia World Village (Rooms from Category 1 - Category 6) and Lykia World Residence (Category 1-4 rooms).

I am presuming we have a category 1 room in the residence as these sleep up to 3 people, the category 1 rooms in the village only sleep 2.

Anyone been AFTER the recent refurbishment and can let me know what the rooms are like? Lykia World site states ALL rooms, even the ones in the residence area, have either a balcony or terrace.

How far will we be from the the main village? Can someone reassure us that it will all be fine please so I don't worry all the way there :-)

Thanks

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lykia World Garden Room

hi we also have booked a garden room no balcony and were also a little concerned regarding the room so emailed the hotel to check about paying for an upgrade. customer services replied saying ALL rooms now have a balcony or terrace and an upgrade to a sea view room would be 540 euro for the 2 weeks we will be there [arriving 19/07/14] we have decided the same as you for all the time you spend in the room why bother paying the extra

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lykia World Garden Room

Thank you for replying. I was getting very confused with all the conflicting descriptions of rooms and categories etc! I agree it is a lot for an upgrade and I really don't think we will use the room that much, just for sleeping and getting ready of an evening.

I'm presuming the garden rooms are in the Lykia World Village as the other part (that used to be residence) is now over 16's only. Looks like we'll be there at the same time in our garden rooms :-)

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,416 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lykia World Garden Room

The Garden Rooms are not in the Residence but in the Village. That's great news they've all now got a balcony

Don't worry about the location. They're no further from the centre of things than lots of other Village rooms. It'll take you a 5 minute walk to get to the bars, shops, pools etc

They will probably out a sofa bed in for the 3rd person. A bit squashed but the cheapest option

If you want to PM me your email address I'll send you a scan of the map from LWs brochure showing where the garden rooms are

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lykia World Garden Room

That's great thank you. If the rooms have a balcony and are in the main village then I'm happy. I was worried we'd be stuck in another part of the complex in a pokey room with no balcony/terrace! Saw old posts saying to avoid the garden rooms and that they were tiny and they have them to staff etc! I was hoping since the upgrade things had improved. I emailed the hotel but have had no reply.

Thank you

5. Re: Lykia World Garden Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 21:16