We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speed boat hire

9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Speed boat hire

Hi,

Is it best to hire a speed boat for half a day through a tour operator before I go or arrange one whilst I am there? Is there much price difference does anybody know?

Tinyakropol offer a half day hire for £80, are there better rates to be had?

Many thanks

Tim

South Wales, New...
Level Contributor
745 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Speed boat hire

Go down to beach and speak to Gurken, he has a few boats, if business is quiet you may get a good deal, but fuel is genuinely expensive so bear in mind he has to cover his costs, we were quoted £30 for an hour, sea too rough though so did not get round to further negotiations, yours not a bad a quote as we paid that a few years ago with Gurken. Also booked with Ali, back in 2006, not sure what price was at that time, Ali sells paragliding flights and trips, he is situated round the corner from Crusoes, we went on a boat with a guy called Tommy. we were picked up from the hotel and taken round to the the lagoon, after tommy had taken out to sea we were given a mobile phone to use when we were ready to come back into Belcekiz beach, he transferred to another boat and left us alone, we caught our supper from somewhere just past Gemiler Beach and were even pursued by the ice cream man!! Did our own thing and thoroughly enjoyed our day out until we had to get out of the boat at Belcekiz beach and those famous waves, same problem on a small boat as the big ones, got soaked,

9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Speed boat hire

Excellent, thank you for your helpful information.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Speed boat hire

Mustafa charges £80 for 5 hours

https://www.facebook.com/mustafa.k.paksoy.37…

n.lincs
Level Contributor
416 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Speed boat hire

Try sky sports their deals seem quite good

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Speed boat hire

When you rent a speedboat, if you go down and rent one from the beach, and there is a problem, you are on your own. Believe this. There are particular rules for how insurance works and even with a licensed captain, if he is not backed by TURSAB there is a very good chance that you will be left hanging out to dry. I have seen this happen. If someone does not have real working knowledge of the business it is my opinion they should not be dispensing advice and pointing you where to go just to find a deal. If someone offers you advice, check their credentials and background before you listen to them.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Speed boat hire

But we're not all tour operators unfortunately, just TA members answering questions, I'm sure anyone hiring a speedboat would be intelligent enough to check that they were suitability qualified and have the relevant licenses :)

sheffield
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Speed boat hire

Hi Sami, have you hired a speedboat with Mustafa before, seems. A good idea, do you know if he has the relevant licences, would prefer this to one of the large boats. Do you know if there are restrictions to where you can go. Sure my son and daughter would get a buzz from it. Going out end of August and looking for more to do when we get there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Speed boat hire

Not sure if there are better rates Tim but Tinyakropol are a highly reputable and well regarded company, would have no hesitation in recommending tbem.

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Speed boat hire

When they are checking the relevant docs, I hope they can read Turkish :-)

Fethiye, Turkey
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Speed boat hire

if anybady need rent hire speed boat let me know please. lam do this busines long time. if anybady need it try to contackt with me. l am on the beach always. hope to see you soon..:)

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations