We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish visa!?!?! Please help!

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
2 posts
Save Topic
Turkish visa!?!?! Please help!

Hi all. We've booked to go to olu deniz with thomsons, for a week on the 28th July. (Monday). We were told that we are still able to purchase our turkish visas on arrival at Dalaman airport up until January 2015. However all of the websites online etc are saying you are no longer able to get a visa on arrival after April 2014. Could anybody that has recently flown to Dalaman help us out please?? Thanks in advance!

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Turkish visa!?!?! Please help!

Hi niagriffiths - we are also going with Thomsons and got this email from them on 24 June:

"I hope you are looking forward to your trip to Turkey. Before you go I need to update you on some information about your holiday.

We’ve just been advised that Turkey have recently changed their visa requirements introducing an E-visa for purchase before travel and documents must be printed and taken with you. To apply and for further information please use the following link www.evisa.gov.tr. The cost of the Visa is 20 USD which is the equivalent of £12.

Alternatively you can purchase your visas on arrival at the airport at a cost of £20 which must be paid in the form of a new £20 note.

Naturally, it’s really important we let you know about any changes so I hope I’ve explained everything clearly. If you’d like any more information about visas, go online to the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs – www.mfa.gov.tr – or the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/entry-requirements."

So it seems very clear to me - you can either pay $20 per visa online, (about £11.83 today) and go straight to the immigration queue on arrival, or queue up twice and pay £20 per visa.

Newcastle-under-lyme
Level Contributor
384 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Turkish visa!?!?! Please help!

We don't go until September but we have been told you have to do within 48 hrs of leaving if that helps,my stepson has done his he said it only took 10mins

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,066 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Turkish visa!?!?! Please help!

@Louis37

You can apply for your eVisa at any time within 90 days of your date of departure. We also travel in early September, and have already done ours.

However, it is recommended that you do it AT LEAST 48 HOURS BEFORE. Presumably, just in case there are any problems. For example, people have had issues with BTInternet email addresses not receiving the email link that is sent through. Also people without the necessary 6 months remaining on their passports haven't been issued with eVisas.

Hope that this helps.

Wales
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Turkish visa!?!?! Please help!

Yes the travel agent told us the same thing. We either do it online ourselves or pay at the airport with new £20 notes!!!

staffordshire
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Turkish visa!?!?! Please help!

I did ours yesterday, really easy apart from the fact that we have a BT internet email address, waited about an hour and received no email to pay for E Visa, so re did the form using another email address (as I had read on here that people were having problems with BT emails) and it came through instantly. So thanks for advice on here guys xx

n.lincs
Level Contributor
416 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Turkish visa!?!?! Please help!

I guess that we've got a good travel agent; there independent not ur ripoff tc or Thompsons;; they even did my API for me; I'm not really good on computers haven't got the patience;

maidstone
Level Contributor
41 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Turkish visa!?!?! Please help!

Just done ours it is really easy.

Dunstable
Level Contributor
706 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Turkish visa!?!?! Please help!

Help please! I have just tried to do my eVisa, all goes swimmingly until I come to pay, put in my card details, (Visa Debit), click on the Make Payment button and it says, "not allowed", so I tried my Master Card and get the same problem! Any ideas? Do you have to put spaces between your 16 digit number or.....???

Ian.

Dunstable
Level Contributor
706 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Turkish visa!?!?! Please help!

Scrub that! Shut down the payment page, went back to the email and clicked the link again and now it all worked....computers, who needs them!! ;-)

10 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Turkish visa!?!?! Please help!

Sorry to hijack the thread. Im just traveling to Turkey in the next couple of weeks, can someone help with filling out the form please?

In the section of Country/Region do I select Turkish Republic Of Northern Cypru?

Thank You

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz