We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Kebabs???

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Kebabs???

Hi - i was wondering where people think the best kebabs are from in olu. I have been to olu twice in the last two years and am going again on the 8th august. I have bought kebabs (the chicken and lamb ones wrapped in a pitta bread with some salad) from a couple of shops along the seafront before, but wasn't overly impressed, in fact one guy ripped us off by deliberately shortchanging me so i never went back to him again !! Seems a trivial question - but i do look forward to a kebab....oh and what are the prices this year??

Thanks

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,197 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Kebabs???

Really, for the best kebab (lamb on the vertical spit) you can get on the fish market in Fethiye, sounds ironaical but that is what it is.... The shop is called Cezahir Usta and is on one of the entries to the vegetable side of the market.

They might be closed during the first days of Bayram...

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Kebabs???

I like Small House - about half way up the strip from the beach on the right hand side.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Kebabs???

Try the street vendors on or near the roundabout at Hisaronu.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Kebabs???

There used to be a guy in his van came late at night and stop up near the Blue Lagoon Hoel Don't know if he still does. I think he may be the same one as KKOB has mentioned.very nice :-)

Elgin
Level Contributor
161 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Kebabs???

The kabab van that used to be at the top of the strip has been stopped by the local council, he goes to Hisaronu now. We were looking forward to them when we were there last month, the council this year has changed loads of things. The small house isn't there either this year. Think I seen it up at Hisaronu as well.

darwen
Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Kebabs???

The chap who sold kebabs at the top of the strip made absolutely quality kebabs. Where abouts is he now in hisaronu?

Elgin
Level Contributor
161 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Kebabs???

Sorry adamarover not sure whereabouts, shame tho I enjoyed my late night kebabs, they were quality, just went to The Buzzbar instead for them.

scotland
Level Contributor
304 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Kebabs???

My Doner , next door to Harmony Bar in Hisaronu , did excellent chicken doner kebabs for me a few weeks ago. Freshly cut salad each time and lovely soft bread. Just nice tasty kebabs , that's all , and a bit of banter.

Grafham Cambs
Level Contributor
179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Kebabs???

As with most olu regulars who have traditions, my lot all have at least one night with just a kebab for dinner and sit on the beach front, we have used the kebab shops attached to bella gusto and also the buzz bar kebab. Both excellent quality and value,7/8L this year I think we paid, so at £2/3 I even stretch to letting the kids have chips...

ayrshire, scotland
Level Contributor
934 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Kebabs???

yip we go to the wee bit joined to buzzbar

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations