We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Spending money

Hi there everyone :)

I've got an all inclusive holiday booked in 3 weeks in Olu Deniz with the boyfriend, but now its getting to crunch time I'm assessing the finances and worrying I'm gonna have a rubbish amount of spending money to take with me :( I know food and drink is all paid for at the hotel, I'd really like to go paragliding and maybe go on an excursion to Rhodes or wherever I fancy! But I reckon i'm only going to be able to rustle together £250 for the week :S do you think that will be enough? I'd like to go out for a meal somewhere besides the hotel one or 2 nights but I'm not massively bothered, I'd most like to do adventurous things, my heart is set on paragliding! Anyways, I'd appreciate any advice :) I've been told I wont need a ridiculous amount but I don't want to take the bare minimum.

By the way, the £250 isn't between us, that's just my spening money, boyfriend has his own funds :) I think he's taking roughly the same.

Lou xx

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money

Lou, that's well enough, pay as you go in bars - so you know where you are up to, paragliding will be the biggest expense at around £50 - £70 - do it at the end of your week so you know you have enough to spare!

Edited: 19 August 2014, 22:34
Scotland
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money

Loubielou sound advice there from TheCodfather, being AI you will be catered for food and drinks wise although a couple of meals and drinks out shouldnt cost too much, plenty set menu meals around. For the paragliding, go for it and enjoy

Edited: 20 August 2014, 00:12
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,419 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money

It is £48.00 each return to Rhodes. The ferry leaves at 9.30 takes 45 minutes to get there and you return at 4.30pm. Also you would need to change some money to Euros and Rhodes is not as cheap as Turkey. So this day out would take quite a lot from your budget.

If you are going to paraglide, get and Extreme Sports Policy from your Travel Insurance Company as paragliding is classed as a dangerous sport and you would have no cover. This means you would be liable and would have to pay yourself if you missed a flight home due to injury.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending money

I stayed AI about 6yrs ago (Been B&B ever since), went paragliding which cost me £90 (Sky Sport and Thompson, cheaper direct)) and Micro lighting...didn't eat out but I remember being surprised that I had only spent £175 at the end of the week

essex
Level Contributor
36 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending money

It depends if you're well controlled when you see the bags and purses! Paragliding was £72 at Sky Sports plus £40 for the DVD and photo package. We saw a day trip to Rhodes for £50. Would recommend the 12 island boat trip which was £12 for the day inc lunch.

6. Re: Spending money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:15