We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to olu deniz

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
first time to olu deniz

31 more sleeps and we'll be flying out to turkey, staying at ovacik on an all Inc. we've travelled to marmaris twice before and the bodrum region several times, just need a change of scenery now. I would like some info on the beaches as we prefer to stay there until about 4ish, was wondering can we take our own food/drinks,?? best quiet beaches, we would like to go kayaking so a price etc. on this type of thing. im getting excited as its a completely new area to explore, bb

ayrshire, scotland
Level Contributor
934 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to olu deniz

the main beach at olu deniz you can take your own stuff and same at national park. but the private beach's (billy, seahorse, sugar beach on lagoon) give you free rides and I think (although could be wrong) you are expected to eat there or at least not eat your own. the private beach's all have kayaks for rent. I think the main one has too. gemlir beach is just past ghost village I have heard much quieter and you can take your own stuff again not sure if stuffs for rent

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,880 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to olu deniz

The far left sides of the main (Belcekiz) beach are quiet even in peak weeks.

Of course you can take your own drinks etc - but consider there are now three beach bars on the main beach who all sell very cold drinks at quite reasonable cost. In July a large can of cold Tuborg Gold was 8 lira (about £2.20). For that you can also sit on the bean bags or on the decked areas. Not a bad deal - or place to enjoy one, or two ....hic...

Edited: 20 August 2014, 14:58
essex
Level Contributor
39 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to olu deniz

We visited Billy's beach. They provide free transport and you don't have to pay an entrance fee. Loungers and parasols available to hire (we paid £12 for 4 loungers and 2 parasols). We did take some crisps and sweets for the kids but bought lunch and ice creams as well as water there. The bottled water is slightly more expensive than the supermarkets but worth it as it's cold!

4. Re: first time to olu deniz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz