We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the nearest airport to Yalikavak

Which Yalikavak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Which is the nearest airport to Yalikavak

Returning to Olu Deniz for 3rd time this year and we love theplace but i fancy a change of resort would like somewhere like Olu Deniz and i didnt relize there was so many little resorts you can go to in Turkey is the resort near an airport and which one is it is the resort lively .

istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is the nearest airport to Yalikavak

Yalikavak is about 35-45 minutes from Bodrum airport.

There are a number of other very popular resorts very close to yalikavak all of which are quite lively at night, including Yalikavak, although, I suspect rather more expensive than olu Deniz.

Bodrum itself, Gumbet, Turgut reis, Ttorba and Bitez can be almost as good priced as Olu Deniz. Yalikavak is more upscale in general. Especially the fish restaurants are rather expensive. Golturkbuku, is the most upscale and expensive resort in the area but possibly the poshest and the wildest.

You wll find the Yalikavak and Golturkbuku much more cosmopolitan than Olu Deniz and with fewer Brits. Bitez and Gumbet with more Brits, but again not a majority as in Olu.

there are frequent dolmus between all these resorts at all hours so no need for DUI.

Lots of nice beaches and scenic bays and some popular wild beach clubs.

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is the nearest airport to Yalikavak

Yalikavak is on the Bodrum pininsula so you fly into Bodrum airport about 45 min drive away.

Have a look at the link and it will give you a list of the resorts there.

reliancepropertycare.com/docs/index_bod_info…

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is the nearest airport to Yalikavak

Stayed on the Bodrum peninsula for the last few years and go again in june to Torba as there is some lovely resorts there and we also like Oludeniz but do try other resorts and none are far from Bodrum airport..Another small resort is Turunc but you would fly to Dalaman but it is quite a long transfer..

WENDY

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,635 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is the nearest airport to Yalikavak

I would have said a bit more than 45 minutes but still quite close to Bodrum airport.

Yalikavak is fairly lively without bring too mad. Some of the restaurants round the Marina can be a bit expensive but others a bit back from the sea front are still very reasonable.

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is the nearest airport to Yalikavak

Yalikavak, cosmopolitan, hm, not sure I'd agree with that, it's always struck me as one of the most expat places on the penisula.

istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is the nearest airport to Yalikavak

I thought that having expats, tourists or people of different cultural and national origins in general was what made a place cosmopolitan, as one definition on the web says, ".Having constituent elements from all over the world "

My English is not good enough to come up with a better word to define a place which has people from many different cultural and national backgrounds if they are expats.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is the nearest airport to Yalikavak

When we first stayed in Yalikavak in 1994 there was no Bodrum airport and we had a 4 hour transfer from Izmir ,could not do a 4 hour transfer now..There was no marina there just the old little harbour and a few taverna's,could not believe the diferance in the place when we visited again in 2009 ..But it has not been over developed..

WENDY

8. Re: Which is the nearest airport to Yalikavak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 23:41
Get answers to your questions about Yalikavak