We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to change money

East Sussex
Level Contributor
316 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
best place to change money

Am currently in gumusluk but heading to yali for day tomorrow. Other than banks where is best place to change money currently and what is the rate for gbp.

Many thanks

Michelle

London, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place to change money

You can visit the post office, for major currency conversions (e.g. Euro, GBP...)

East Sussex
Level Contributor
316 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place to change money

Thanks Jay went yesterday. Interesting story re PTT, in 2012 I first went to yali and went to ptt to change my GBP and was flabbergasted to be told they didn't change it and sent me to bank next door. I queried it and he said his machine was set up to change gbp. Very weird :)

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place to change money

purply if you are going to Bitez why don't you change it at Silver shop for a good rate?

If you do - mention T/A (he told me to say this in April so you will get a better rate than on the board)

Mentioned in this post
Bitez
Bitez
Bodrum, Turkey
East Sussex
Level Contributor
316 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place to change money

I will change some more with him Bb no jewellery shops in Gumusluk so will also be buying 😁

Weston-super-Mare...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best place to change money

Have been going to yalikavak for 14 years, and have always found the best places to change money are the Dede bar and 3 Brothers they are honest and right up together with the excact exchange rates .They are also polite, friendly and helpful as well as doing exceptionly good food .They are right on the beach front and will serve your drinks there if you wish. DEE.

East Sussex
Level Contributor
316 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best place to change money

Thanks Dee forgot about 3 Brothers. Went for a day in June and changed at the gold jewellers.

Back in Yali 22nd September so will bear these 2 in mind.

Michelle

Phoenixville, PA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best place to change money

Halk Bank beside the mosque in Yali gives the best rates if you have a larger amount to change

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best place to change money

At 3 Brothers this week the rate was 3.55 Tl to £1.

9. Re: best place to change money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Yalikavak