We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sightseeing for day

Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Sightseeing for day

On cruise ship in port nov5 2017 from 8. Am to 600 pm. Prefer to hire local taxis when get off ship and spent 1/2 day seeing the sights and lunch local restaurant. . Driver needs to speak English, please give me some feedback and what I should expect to pay , thanks

7 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
204 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sightseeing for day

For a full day expect to pay $120 - 150 + appropriate tip based upon quality of service. For 1/2 day, roughly pro rate it.

I have used the service of Jorge - he is fluent and knowledgeable. jorgegabioud1111@hotmail.com

Edited: 17 September 2017, 14:18
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,515 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sightseeing for day

An alternative for a private driver is the city hop on/off bus(www.buenosairesbus.com). You can take a taxi or arrange a shuttle from TiendaLeon(www.twww.tiendaleon.com) from the cruise terminal(close by) and deposit your luggage for the day in their downtown office.

The tour bus stop is about one block from TiendaLeon office where you can hop on and ride for as long as you wish then hop off in one of the neighborhoods for a nice lunch then hop back on and return to TiendaLeon where they will take you by private car to the airport.

3. Re: Sightseeing for day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 September 2017, 07:05

4. Re: Sightseeing for day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 September 2017, 07:05

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
215 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sightseeing for day

$120-$150 USD for a driver, car and tour guide for a full day tour? I'd say that is far from the average going rates these days. Hiring a private car would be ballpark $20-30 USD hour. Having the driver be bilingual and a guide, I'd expect to see higher.

Hiring on a private, bilingual guide would be average $25-30 USD per hour. Taking taxis when you need to would help decrease the hourly costs.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Sightseeing for day

Well, we can do that if you prefer, but in Buenos Aires you won't find many bilingual taxi drivers on the street, at least not many that you could understand what they are saying.

Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,399 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sightseeing for day

ricardo has a great recommendation, the Open Top Bus / sightseeing bus .. you can catch it in Recoleta, in the park across from the museum

https:/…tumblr_ojzadmWXc41qgju3co1_250.jpg

We actually had quite a few taxi drivers who spoke various degrees of English .. but I would never use a taxi for a guide .. that isn't what they do ..

Mentioned in this post
Recoleta
Recoleta
18,997 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reply to: Sightseeing for day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted