We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires to Sante Fe - Travel Options

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Buenos Aires to Sante Fe - Travel Options

Is the Plane the best option for this trip. . .how far would it be by bus or train ?

I am assuming I can buy an eticket from AA's website before we leave and just present that at the airport??

Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thanks

Special Offer
Buenos Aires Super Saver: City...
137 reviews
from US$135.58*
US$152.63
Iguazu Falls Private Day Trip from...
6 reviews
from US$1,098.00*
Full Day Tour at a Farm in San...
61 reviews
from US$170.00*
Small-Group City Tour of Buenos Aires
202 reviews
from US$35.00*
buenos aires
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buenos Aires to Sante Fe - Travel Options

best option is coach. plentiful, cheap and probably quicker (if you take into account checking time and luggage collection, apart from the inevitable delays these days)

Its about 300 miles, say 5 hours

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buenos Aires to Sante Fe - Travel Options

Thanks Mark

Just another question. . .am heading over to watch some rugby (1 test is in BA the other is in Santa Fe). . .looking for hotels there seems to be only 1 in Santa Fe. . .and thats The Holiday Inn that has no avalibility. Another place called 'Rosario' pos up in the google search. . .is it near by do you know ?

BA
Level Contributor
530 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buenos Aires to Sante Fe - Travel Options

Agree that the best way to go is by bus.

Regarding Hotels, you might want to look for these ones at Santa Fe (note that I haven't stayed there, I just found them on my local guide):

Hotel Conquistador (4*)

Hotel Río Grande (4*) info@hotel-riogrande.com.ar

Rosario is a much bigger city, so it has more options for accomodation. BUT is 170km. south of Santa Fe, about 1.40 hr. trip by speedway.

buenos aires
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buenos Aires to Sante Fe - Travel Options

are the irish team playing there? I didnt know if the venue had been decided yet. Rosario is big, a river resort town with many hotels of all standards, is there just yourself or a group of you? Transport is cheap in comparison so perhaps you could get a taxi for about 80 euros, take you to the game, wait and return after.

Caballito, Buenos...
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buenos Aires to Sante Fe - Travel Options

Donw here in Buenos Aires there're the "province houses". They're like the embassies of the provinces in hte capital, and they're a reliable source of information, also in waht tourism concerns.

You can visit it here in BA or give them a ring (I don't know if they'll have english speaking staff).

Santa Fe's house:

Address: Montevideo 373 2°

Phone:; 005411 4375 4570

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buenos Aires to Sante Fe - Travel Options

Hi Mark

So far its looking like the First Summer Test will be in Santa Fe with the other being in BA (the week after). . . .the Holiday Inn is booked out (so theres either something else on the weekend of 25 & 26 May or the Irish team have already booked it!

At this stage its just me and a mate travelling but there may be some more of us. . . think we'll try to stay in Santa Fe (and go back by coach to BA on the Sunday)

Do you think wed need to book the coach in advance or just do it on the day (we looked at flights but the times arnt the best plus the coach should be a fair bit cheaper).

buenos aires
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Buenos Aires to Sante Fe - Travel Options

I will look around for you, have you a hotel budget? there are a few hotels in the cheaper, just basic end no doubt, say 20 euros for bedroom and bathroom, so if its just to get your head down for the night, this may be ok, but if you need the posher hotels I will look for those instead?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buenos Aires to Sante Fe - Travel Options

Mark, Have booked a twin room at Hotel Río Grande which will do us for the Santa Fe game. . .we'll be using cheaper accomodation at BA and the other places we stay whilst we are over.

Think we'll take the coach between BA and Santa Fe. . they sound OK. .. should we book in advance (online) or is it easier just to book on the day ?

buenos aires
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Buenos Aires to Sante Fe - Travel Options

Hi I dont think you can book online, but there are plenty of companies with a service to Sant Fe. If you book a couple of days in advance you should be ok. However 25 May is a public holiday which may upset things a little. I will enquire.

buenos aires
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Buenos Aires to Sante Fe - Travel Options

the newspaper here states the match at Colon football ground in Santa Fe is on 28.05. Is this your understanding? And the Buenos Aires match still hasnt found a venue but is on 02.06.

I hope the rain keeps away, at the moment there have been 10,000 people evacuated in Santa Fe because of floods!