We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Current Airfare price from BA to the Falls?

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
83 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
The Current Airfare price from BA to the Falls?

Hi,

Can anyone give me the current rate for a roundtrip airfare frmo B.A to the Falls at the Argentina/Brazil border.

I am visiting in Buenos Aires in late Agust and have already learned for a day trip, it is too far to drive etc there.

So... I would love to hear from anyone down there what the current quote is for airfare to the nearest airport to the Falls (sorry forgot the name of the nearby airport).

Gracious,

Mike

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
buenos aires
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Current Airfare price from BA to the Falls?

Ticket prices depend on several things: when are you planning to go there (weekday? weekend?), when and where are you purchasing it...

I did a little research for you and found that rates go from $AR 322 up to $AR 700 roundtrip.

Log yourself on www.lan.com or www.aerolineas.com.ar and you'll be able to check rates and purchase online. I bought online with credit card at lan.com without any problem, so I guess you'll be OK.

Remember: the sooner you buy them, the cheaper tickets will be.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Current Airfare price from BA to the Falls?

If you are flying on American Airlines you may be eligible to purchase a ticket at a discount on LAN_Argentina, a member of the One World Alliance. Check aa.com for details.

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
447 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Current Airfare price from BA to the Falls?

Mike -

I just bought a ticket for November for $237 on Aerolinas (see website in above post) - it looks like this is the same fare in August. You just need to go to the US part of the site.

Not sure if this is a good fare or not but LAN was quite a bit more for November, but, check them out too as I've heard they are a better airline.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Current Airfare price from BA to the Falls?

Hi,

Lan is posting alot of fares at $US204rt for future travel then the same fares for travel within the next two weeks from today depending on the day of the week travel.

I like Lan, because I have had some problems with aerolineas with flight cancellations.

Suerte!!!

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
83 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Current Airfare price from BA to the Falls?

Thanks everyone, seems pretty steep price for a 1 hour and 45 minute flight. If I do go it will be mid week for sure. Unfortunately I am affiliated with Delta, not American Airlines.

I will check out your references though. Is there Bus lines that go every day of the week? How much is there fare?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Current Airfare price from BA to the Falls?

For bus: have a look at www.viabariloche.com.ar. The bus leaves daily and the price will depend on the level of service which you choose.

The trip is 16 hours so I would suggest Cama Coche which has a seat which fully reclines into a bed , and includes dinner and breakfast.

Enjoy!!

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
83 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Current Airfare price from BA to the Falls?

OK.

Is this trip a must? Is it a must to see before you die?

I used to lived within 2 hours from Niagra Falls and have seen it many times. I'm thinking a day trip to Goucho country will be just as appealing and of course the logisitcs are a lot simpler. I will be in B.A. for 10 days with three other family members. So the airfares do add up.

Mike

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Current Airfare price from BA to the Falls?

The volume of water that flows over Iguazu is seven times that of Niagra. There is nothing in the United States that begins to compare to the sheer volume of water and the awe inspiring beauty of Iguazu.

originally Boston
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Current Airfare price from BA to the Falls?

I must be doing something wrong...or am I just too early.

I just checked Aerolinas for November and got a price of $453 USD pp.

any suggestions?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: The Current Airfare price from BA to the Falls?

Perhaps you should try to fly into baires with Aerolineas Argentinas, this will make it chaper to fly inside the country. Good luck!