We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best tango show in buenos aires

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
florida
6 posts
Save Topic
best tango show in buenos aires

which tango show is rated the best in buenos aires,

without being a tourist trap. Is senor tango is a great

one???please reply asap.

Portland
Level Contributor
724 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best tango show in buenos aires

In my opinion, Esquina Carlos Gardel.

Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best tango show in buenos aires

There's a previous thread, or two, with just this theme -- which show people think is best. Try the search bar. They are all for tourists, all pretty expensive. Señor Tango is the most "touristy" of all, but people love it.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best tango show in buenos aires

Rojo Tango, at the Faena Hotel is one of the high end options. As posted above, its not inexpensive.... but, Ive never heard of a negative review from the show.

The only exception to these positive reviews I know of is from someone that is a really serious tango dancer and a purist. Most of these shows include some basic classical tango but have a lot of modern moves and "show business" type things, that for a serious "cognoscenti" of Tango may be somewhat risque and offensive to the real spirit and tradition of tango.

That being said, for most visitors all the major Tango shows out these should be a nice experience.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: best tango show in buenos aires

look on the search bar

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best tango show in buenos aires

As llana suggested use the search bar. This is probably one of the most asked questions and we have several threads discussing the possiblities with often contradictory recommendations. So read away. The consensus is the food is rarely very good at these places and the shows can vary depending on what you want to see...big show extravaganza...small intimate simple dancing demonstration...etc. It will be an experience where ever you go. Price factors in a bit for some of the shows.

denver
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: best tango show in buenos aires

We were told that senor tengo was the most touristy. We went to La Ventana, and it was very good. The food there was also good.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,557 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best tango show in buenos aires

They are ALL touristy in the sense that these shows are designed for tourists.

Sr. Tango is slightly more of a variety show and less exclusively Tango. It is an excellent Las Vegas or Andrew Lloyd Weber type production. Some of the other shows focus more exclusively on Tango....Some find the slower moving parts of these shows very boring (when the orchestra plays or when there is a soloist who sings lyrics written in Argentine slang that most do not understand).

Washington DC
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: best tango show in buenos aires

I don't normally like shows, let alone touristy ones -- I usually fall asleep -- but I loved Senor Tango. The food was OK. It cost about US$50 in 2005, but imagine it costs a lot more now. I had been told that a horse is ridden on stage and didn't believe it -- but it was true!

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,557 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best tango show in buenos aires

Sr. Tango is the only show in town with smoke, horses and tango dancers suspended on a circular stage by wires. Great fun....among the food options, the steak is actually pretty good.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,895 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best tango show in buenos aires

Are the horses suspended on wires too?

lol...sounds more Cirque de Soleil than Tango...

would a Milonga be a good suggestion or is that too "plain" ?