We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Guide around BA

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Guide around BA

Can anyone suggest a privtae tour guide of BA

I have looked at the following web sites, which all seem to be ok, and I just wonder if anyone else has used them

http://www.tangol.com/eng/citytours.asp

http://www.eternautas.com/en/tours.aspx

I am going to BA in the enxt couple weeks

Dave

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,604 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Guide around BA

I have used both services--Tangol for football tickets and Eternautas for a variety of historic and cultural tours. I have had very good experiences with Eternautas, particularly with one of their more experienced guides. You can do some tours yourself and learn as much( eg the Market tour of San Telmo)....but many of their tours are outstanding--The Cultural Tour (that includes both architecture and art museums)...and the Jewish BA tour are both highly recommended....

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Guide around BA

Dr D-- how was your experience with the Football ticket programs...??? It would be great if you could provide a somewhat detailed report on how that was.

Thanks

Alex

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,604 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Guide around BA

I have used Tangol several times for tickets when I have taken groups of US college students to football games...They provide tickets, transportation to and from the game and a "guide", who basically goes along to watch the game and may or may not sit with the group he is guiding. They certainly charge for their service but it beats waiting in lvery long lines to purchase tickets for popular games (one of the events we attended was the World Cup qualifier vs Peru in River Plate stadium). Overalll, a positive experience...they delivered the type of tickets they promised (platea) and showed up on time both directions....

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Guide around BA

check Curiocity Travel, Wow. They have very good reviews, also.

Tangol for fútbol.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Guide around BA

Thank you for your advice. I am certainly going to take a tour arouond BA, and may even go to see a football match.

Dave

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour Guide around BA

Our group did a tour with Eternautas of the main sights of the city. Our guide was a journalism student from the local university and he was great (and answered some tough political questions very diplomatically). I would recommend a city tour early on in your stay to give you a taste of the different things to see and then you can return to places of interest on your own and spend more time.

Also, check out the entertainment section in the newspaper La Nacion for events that day. I found a wonderful free concert of the Youth Tango Orchestra at La Casa de Cultura that was one of the highlights of my month-long stay in the city.

Enjoy

norway
Level Contributor
390 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour Guide around BA

I used www.privatetours.com.ar and went one a private city tour north and south buenos aires. It was very good, the guide Marissa was excellent.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour Guide around BA

I booked a tour with Eternautas., but they wanted me to send my credit card details off to them via email....

I am certainly not going to do that.

I will hopefully phone them up when I get to BA, and arrange a time etc the day before.

buenos aires
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour Guide around BA

Again: my vote goes to Eternautas. Very reliable company!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour Guide around BA

Eternautas have just sent me an email saying that my tour is still confirmed, and that as long as I call them the day before to make sure I'm in BA, and will be available for the tour then I can pay on the day.

So thats good news.. plus I dont have to send my credit card via email.