We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Colonia

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
446 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry to Colonia

We are thinking of heading over to Colonia on Nov. 23rd. However, due to our busy schedule that week, we would rather decide then if we want to spend a day over there instead of purchasing the ferry tickets ahead of time.

Is it a problem to purchase the ferry tickets the same morning or do you need to purchase in advance?

Thank you.

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Colonia

It should be no problem purchasing the tickets on the day of travel. There are generally a few boats going back and forth each day. A fast ferry (jetfoil) that last about 40 minutes and a 2/12-3 hour ferry that is cheaper and a nice trip in my mind. The first ferry leaves around 9 am. The terminal is at the end of Cordoba in Puerto Madero. Good luck. Check with Buquebus when you arrive to confirm times.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
823 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Colonia

Based on our trip this week you need to consider some weekend days might be difficult to get a seat. Our fast boat on 2PM Monday was almost full. The return on 5PM Wednesday was only half full.,

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,043 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to Colonia

I just checked the buquebus website and it says - I think, my Spanish is very limited - that the fare is $199 pesos. Is this for the round trip - or each way?

Thanks so much!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,043 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to Colonia

Okay -just found the English version of the Buquebus website.

Looks like they have some specials for only $129 pesos for the round trip. Do these need to be purchased in advance?

We are thinking about a daytrip to Colonia on either 11/26 or 11/27.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated - thanks!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
823 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry to Colonia

We bought our tickets at the office in Reoleta 4 days in advnce. The price including taxes was AS$154 per R/T ticket or about US$50. There were many people tickets buying their tickets at the terminal. As your dates are not on the weekend you are probably OK buying them just before you leave. There are probably some restrictions for the special price.

6. Re: Ferry to Colonia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 13:20