We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aeorlineas in trouble?

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
199 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Aeorlineas in trouble?

We will be in BA 1/24 until 1/30 when we are scheduled to fly Aerolineas to Santiago. Is the strike still going on? Should we be making other plans? Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aeorlineas in trouble?

well, whenever I really want to get to where I'm going when I'm supposed to, I take Lan.

www.lan.com

it's roulette with aerolineas. sometimes you win, sometimes you get wiped off the board.

buenos aires
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aeorlineas in trouble?

Aeorlineas in trouble?...you bet..!

IMHO...take Lan or buses.

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
199 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aeorlineas in trouble?

I've already paid for one way tickets for the two of us on Aerolineas. LAN wants $600 for two new tickets. On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely is it that we'll make it to Santiago safely that day on AA?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aeorlineas in trouble?

about 6 to make it

2 to make it within an hour of when you're supposed to..

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aeorlineas in trouble?

I understand it's a mess....lots of missed flights, airport chaos....guess i will find out soon enough, will be flying down this weekend.

buenos aires
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aeorlineas in trouble?

There was no strike, just incompetent managers, but should you shell out for a ticket on Lan assuming you cant get your money back from Aerolineas?

Aerolineas say that flights are now operating with more normality from Ezeiza and although they do not foresee further cancellations they admit that some delays will occur due to flight "reprogramming".

If I were you I would hang on until you arrive here and then check out the situation, if all seems calm and it doesnt matter too much if your plane arrives a couple of hours late continue with AA.

If you can cancel with AA and get a refund, do it today and book with Lan.

We are so disgusted with the client service of AA that we always like to point out that the airline is Spanish owned!

BA
Level Contributor
709 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aeorlineas in trouble?

going on holiday on monday to El Calafate (Eolo hotel), will report on my return. I never fly Aerolineas but could not get LAn. Fingers crossed....

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aeorlineas in trouble?

I was in their offices on Sunday. Glass was everywhere. We were begging for help because they caused us to miss all of our flights to the states. No dice. Instead they called security on us! We weren't even being threatening! Funny thing. Security wouldn't come. We left and threw ourselves at the mercy of other carriers.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aeorlineas in trouble?

Interesting lead editorial about Aerolineas in the major BA newspaper (La Nacion) today. It reviewed the latest string of disasters at the airports and noted that no one at the airline or the unions can give a straight answer as to what caused them. It then stated that people in the know have contended that all the Aerolineas problems are a concerted effort to denigrate the airline worldwide, drive its stock down, and make it easy pickings for a business group with close ties to the current national government. The editorial did not name the Kirchners specifically, but it's clear that's who was meant. It also noted that the leader of the pilots' union, which played some role in the latest disturbances, held an appointed position in the Kirchner government until a few days ago.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,472 posts
765 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aeorlineas in trouble?

Just one of the many examples to show that Argentina does in fact deserve it's ranking in the Transparency International as one of the most corrupt countries in the world!