We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tango Show at Faaena Hotel

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Tango Show at Faaena Hotel

A friend suggested that we try and check it out. Does anyone know what night and the time of the show? What is the dress code for a show like this? Also, any info or insight on this would be much appreciated!

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,824 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tango Show at Faaena Hotel

http://www.faenahotelanduniverse.com/

Here on the website, you can see photos of the dancers and get an idea of the look of the show.

Judging by the type of hotel it is and the expense of everything, I would dress more for a show at this place..

I think there is a show schedule on the website..if not, you can email them.

Hope this helps ... enjoy the Faena website music :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
148 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tango Show at Faaena Hotel

I don't recommend it. I am a NYC girl as well. :) It was cheesy and very pricey. I felt like I was at a drag show. BA is an inexpensive place, and touristy tango shows are everywhere for a fifth of the price. Search past messages on here re: tango show suggestions.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tango Show at Faaena Hotel

Thanks NYCgal! That helps.

Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tango Show at Faaena Hotel

When the Today Show was live from BA on Monday of this week, the tango dancers performing at the Obelisco were from the Faena show (according to Matt Lauer). If that was true to the show, I would agree that it's cheesey -- right down to color-coordinated pastel outfits. Argh!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
148 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tango Show at Faaena Hotel

I saw that clip! How funny. Faena is a cool place to stay at for a few days or at least have a drink, though. You should definitely see it. During my 8 day trip to Buenos Aires (with a sidetrip to Uruguay for a couple of days), I stayed 3 nights in Faena and the rest of my time at the Park Hyatt (highly recommend) in the Recoleta. Very different locations - glad I broke up the trip like that.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,824 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tango Show at Faaena Hotel

Mmm, I love the Hyatt :)

tampa
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tango Show at Faaena Hotel

The tango show at the Faena is the Rojo Tango show. I saw it last July and thought it was excellant. Probably the most expensive tango show in BA but I definetly did not feel cheated. I'm not sure about the cheesey comments but to each his own. The show does tend to be themed more towards the bordello roots of tango and there is a bit of topless nudity but I did not find the show cheesey at all. Sensual and a bit sexual yes, but not cheesey. I did the show only but I have heard the food is good. The hotel also is quite interesting and very chic.

Sao Paulo,Brazil
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tango Show at Faaena Hotel

"BA is an inexpensive place,"

True.

"Faena is a cool place to stay at for a few days or at least have a drink,"

Also true, but the inexpesiveness doesn't apply to Faena which is NY expensive. I payed $20 (yes, dollars) for a martini. I don't regret, the place is wonderful, but be aware.

9. Re: Tango Show at Faaena Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 12:19