We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Italian Food and Best Spanish Food

Seattle
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Italian Food and Best Spanish Food

I saw couple great recommendation for Grills, but any recommendations on Italian and Spanish food. I would put taste at highest priorty, would like to stay around or less than $20us per person....... will spend more if the restaurant is highly recommended.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
96 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Italian Food and Best Spanish Food

Although the Basques would probably prefer not to be considered "Spanish", we had a great lunch at Burzako in San Telmo, and I'm sure their dinners would be great too. Excellent tortilla Espanola, and a white fish in a Basque sauce that was awesome.

As for Italian, I wouldn't recommend Guido's. Although we enjoyed a lunch there, the bill of A$70 per person was much more than we thought the meal was worth and 2-3x what we paid for all our other lunches.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,075 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Italian Food and Best Spanish Food

Italian - SottoVocce in Recoleta

We liked Guidos Bar in Palermo

* there were 6 of us last time we went and I have no idea what the bill came to *

but be assured, prices will be up a little bit by the time you arrive...they seem to be changing daily, everywhere in town.

Plaza Mayor ... under Recova .. wonderful paella and seafood.

and Piegari..goood Italian :) same location

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Italian Food and Best Spanish Food

great recommendations, and scarlett is right to tell you that prices here are gowing up all the time!! then, I will add another place that is really good for itialian, it's called Pinuccio & Figli, and it's declicious!! have fun eating!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Italian Food and Best Spanish Food

Guido's is the best! Well he's a friend actually : ) But seriously, the food there is really good and yes you'll pay more than other italian places but that's because you're getting authentic italian food. Other places you'll pay a little less but it won't be as enjoyable.

Boston...
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Italian Food and Best Spanish Food

For Italian I ate at SottoVoce and it was great. Definitely recommended. There are a couple in town but I went to the one in Recoleta.

The best gnocchi I have ever had and my mother was born in Italy, so I've tried some of the best.

buenos aires
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Italian Food and Best Spanish Food

Let me share my favourite Spanish restaurants:

-Oviedo

Beruti 2602

-Tancat

Paraguay 645

-Ávila Restaurant

Av de Mayo 1384

-Plaza Mayor

Venezuela 1399

-Museo del Jamón

Cerrito 8 esq. Rivadavia

-Restaurant Casal de Catalunya

Chacabuco 863

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Italian Food and Best Spanish Food

Many of the above places are good... but, spending around US$20 per person will be difficult.. especially if you will have wine.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,621 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Italian Food and Best Spanish Food

La Parolaccia Casa Tuya

Guttierrez 3785

Palermo

4514-3220

www.laparolaccia.com

Extensive fixed-price luncheon menu (I have eaten there since last September, so I am uncertain about the current price but with wine I have never spent $20 for lunch)....Excellent bang for the buck!

Sottovoce should be doable for a decent price as well...especially if you stick to pasta....

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Italian Food and Best Spanish Food

Marulandia's list of Spanish restaurants is perfect. I know them all except the last one, the Catalunyan restaurant, and I would rank them in the exact order she has listed. However, I don't think you can keep a half-way decent meal at any of them under U$S 20/person except, perhaps, Plaza Mayor. Oviedo is particularly expensive. Museo de Jamon can be expensive, but many dishes are also large enough to share. Tancat has the best authentic Madrileno tapas we've found in BA.

buenos aires
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Italian Food and Best Spanish Food

Punta,

go to Casal de Catalunya...they are very good...