We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable place to stay?

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
589 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable place to stay?

Hi! My husband and I will be in Buenos Aires for 6 nights in October. I am trying to find a decent hotel or hostel suitable for seniors in the Recoleta area. I want to try to pay about $50. per night. Any suggestions? Also, I looked into apartment rental for a week. Any suggestions there? The problem with the rentals I looked into is that you cannot meet the agent at the apartment after 9PM to get keys, etc. Our flight doesn't arrive in BA until 10PM. Help please! Thanks so much.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable place to stay?

Have a look at Hotel Lion d' Or which is located on Pacheco de Melo and Junin in Recoleta.

This is an inexpensive hotel in a very nice neighborhood.

Good Luck!!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable place to stay?

i have no idea the price, but I know these are cheap hotels:

Juncal Palace

Ayacucho Palace

Art Hotel

all in Recoleta!!

Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable place to stay?

Just got back from Yira Yira guest house in Recoleta and was so pleased. Paz has 5 rooms she rents out for approx. $ 20.00 american dollars per person which includes a breakfast. So a room for both of you would be about $ 40.00 US dollars. I was there with my husband, 2 teens and my parents and everyone loved it. Paz is really nice so if you want to feel like you are in a somewhat homey place this would be great. We spent 7 nights, taking a side trip for a few days to Iguazu Falls. We did not pay her for the days we were gone. It is also very cute and clean.

Good Luck. You can google Yira Yira and Paz but if you need further info. just let me know.

buenos aires
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable place to stay?

I'm sorry, but I have to let you know that Yira Yira is not a licensed accomodation.

There is a lot of controversy regarding this issue (check in the search box), but I feel that I have to warn you...the decision is up to you. But be warned...

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,840 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable place to stay?

I think the Art Hotel prices are around $85 +- a night..

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17131-Staying_…

I am blank on any hostels in Recoleta other than a new one squeezed between 2 bars on Vicente Lopez.

I would get a hotel room for one night, at the Art Hotel or wherever you find the best rates.

Then move into the rental apartment the next day when they can meet you there.

You will get much more for your money that way.

Good luck!

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonable place to stay?

I seriously would look into weekly rental ANYWHERE in the city. For 600 dollars you can rent a really comfortable apt, and not to be confined in 4 walls and a bathroom at the end of the day. Hotels are nice, clean and personal, but you can beat the price by renting a place, makes you enjoy BA much more!

Good luck!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
37 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonable place to stay?

I was just looking at all the smaller inns in safe, pleasant neighborhoods that are well located. Around your price range is La Otra Orilla:

http://www.otraorilla.com.ar/eng/home.html.

I just happened to be catching up on some reading and Budget Travel, this opened in June 2006 so it's not too old and is run by a mother daughter. Not a mom-n-pop but close. It looks nice on the website. But the review on TA are mixed. It's probably the nicest I've found in this price range. Trust me, we are going to Buenos Aires and I have scoured the entire website it seems for BsAs lodging, I know what I am talking about. Good luck, and if you stay there, please report back to let us know how it is as we are going in early-end September and family&friends of ours are going in October and December.

Happy and Safe Travels,

8. Re: Reasonable place to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 07:17