We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment @ Ortiz/Quintana

Houston
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment @ Ortiz/Quintana

Planning a trip to BA and was looking at this apartment across from the cemetery in Recoleta at Ortiz/Quintana.

www.buenosairesstay.com/bastay/vermas.php…

(If you can't get to it from the link it is at www.buenosairesstay.com and it is apartment REC-331).

Just kind of wonder if any of you BA experts had any comments.

Thanks in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
991 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment @ Ortiz/Quintana

Hi there,

Looks fantastic, in a nice part of town and looks very well appointed....Must say though that $4000 per Month is one of the most expensive I have seen while trawling through the many options on the many different sites...

We are renting an apartment in Congreso - Immobiliaria Building and the apartment being in the CUPOLA - which having stayed there last year is an amazing place - the cost of this apartment is $US2500 per the month....

www.bytargentina.com/re/propview.php…

Houston
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment @ Ortiz/Quintana

AntTraveler, that place you posted is quite impressive...not sure about that painting of a giant gas mask, though :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
991 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment @ Ortiz/Quintana

I agree with you...I think a poor placement of artwork, but as you rise into the cupola you have all these different artefacts and pieces from all over the world...the people who own it are artists and obvious collectors, for us (and we are on countdown we get there 10 Aug) it feels such a privelege to stay there. Our Dollar exchange makes it fantastic!

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment @ Ortiz/Quintana

HouCop.

This looks like a really nice aparment. The block where this apartment is located has some outstanding apartment buildings. From the photos it's located on the side of the street opposite(quiet side) of LaBiela Cafe. The park areas below the apartment are very good and of course the cemetery is just beyond.

Ortiz is more of a walkway and Quintana is full of beautiful architecture. Even though the taxi's drop off alot of people for the cemetery on Quintana, this end of the street is quiet since there isn't much fast through traffic and no buses except a few sightseeing buses.

The supermarket,Disco is closeby for shopping and all the beautiful designer shops,etc are within one block. Another nice cafe/ice cream(Aroma) is located directly below you and Volta/ice cream is one block away.

There are many excellent restaurants located all within walking distance of this location.

Most of the city museums are located across the park from here. I spend many of my Sundays in the park below and to the right of this apartment.

I would love to have an aprartment along ths lovely end of Quintana.

Enjoy!!

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment @ Ortiz/Quintana

Hi Ant,

I have always loved the looks of that apartment. How do you find the neighborhood?

Do you have enough services around you and how are the late evenings?

Enjoy your upcoming trip!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
991 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment @ Ortiz/Quintana

Hey RicardoBA,

The services around Congreso are ok, there is a Disco on Callao and Rivadavia that we use and that carries everything that we need, the cafes and bars on each corner of Plaza Congreso are quite ok for an early morning coffee and medialuna, we have several ATM's at our door step, we have a great place to take Laundry just across the road and as soon as we come out onto the street there is always a taxi to whisk us away to another part of the city...

I would so wish to have been there right now and I am hoping that while we are there throughout the whole month of August we get to see another rally etc..We have seen protests come up the street with pots banging, but I think seeing a SEA of people (although I really wish it was the FARMERS :-) would be amazing.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
991 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartment @ Ortiz/Quintana

Ricardo,

I forgot to add that the late evenings and believe me they are usually very late if not early morning... :-) have always been safe as far as I am concerned...yes I have seen homeless, but here in Sydney I see Homeless, yes I have seen groups of homeless lighting a bonfire in a garbage bin to keep warm but I see that in Sydney as well...Just like wherever I am wherever in the world at home or abroad I am conscience of who is around me etc...

All I can say is that the 3 little begging kids who each morning last year did a juggling show for me as I drank my coffee and sort of read La Nacion better be there again this year as I have bought them some unique australian chocolate and gifts...

Being in Congreso is also a good way of always getting rid of your centavos and coin pesos to people who need them...

The Juxtaposition for me being in such a lovely environment high above Plaza Congreso when there are less fortunate than I asleep on the ground does play on my mind a bit when I am there...so giving them pesos or the buying of bread and jamon for the family outside Disco is always something that reconciles it all a tad, but not much! :-(

Suerte!

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartment @ Ortiz/Quintana

Hey Ant,

Thanks so much for sharing about Congreso. We don't get enough reviews of this very interesting barrio. I love so much of the architecture in that area. Have you visited the Palacio Barolo(www.pbarolo.com.ar) and the tango shop on the top floor?

Laughing...I think that we have got those same 3 jugglers in front of our Disco in Recoleta. I guess that's why I have never have any centavos in my pockets either.

Suerte!!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
952 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Apartment @ Ortiz/Quintana

AntTraveller, you will have a slightly different view from your apartment this time, with all the tents at Plaza del Congreso.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,002 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apartment @ Ortiz/Quintana

About the apartment on Ortiz.. all you have to do is walk out the door and you are in the heart of the part of Recoleta that most visitors go to as well as locals... cafes , the Hippie Feria, the Design Center, Village Recoleta where the excellent cinema is plus more restaurants, Recoleta Cemetery .. it sort of faces the entrance but there are parks in front of the cemetery too ... shopping is very very good and you can easily walk from one area ( to Palermo) from there .. the Belle Artes Museum is very close also.

And the Parks that Pup enjoys :)

If it is on a low floor, I don't know if you would have people walking by, making noise outside your windows..

There are some very busy cafes along there, Aroma and Cafe Biela, one on each corner..

But you cannot beat the location..(imo)