We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy a converter in Buenos Aires?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I buy a converter in Buenos Aires?

Our converter blew a fuse when we plugged it in. Does anyone know where we can buy a converter here in BA? A local suggested Jardin Gallery on Florida but no luck there.

We are leaving tomorrow evening for Mendoza and we really want to get a converter before we leave to charge our camera´s battery.

Thanks!

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,463 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I buy a converter in Buenos Aires?

If you want a general voltage converter, which is not for a particular brand of camera, then try the local "ferreteria"(electric store). They are located on most neighborhood blocks.

If the converter is specific for a camera or computer then you will need to go to a camera shop or computer store.

Good Luck!!

Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
506 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I buy a converter in Buenos Aires?

There are available at home appliances stores, or try a hardware store where they sell cables, plugs, etc.

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I buy a converter in Buenos Aires?

Your cam charger is probably dual voltage. Which means it will operate on both US 110 volt and Argentina 220 volt and you dont need a converter. Look at the writing on the charger if the range is 110-220V you do not need a coverter. Most cam chargers, cell phone chargers, laptop computers, etc are dual voltage. That means all you need is a plug adapter. So your US plug can fit into an Argentine outlet. They sell those at the electric supply shops. The big chains dont carry them. You have two choices in plugs...the two round pin type or the tilted blade type. Go for the pin type it fits all outlets in Argentina. You then just plug your american plug into the adapter and then into an argentine outlet. If you checked and it was truly dual voltage it will not explode. Hopefully.

4. Re: Where can I buy a converter in Buenos Aires?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 04:17