We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I Recommend Eternautas Tours!

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, TX
Level Contributor
141 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
I Recommend Eternautas Tours!

We just got back from BA last week. On our first full day in the city, we took a city tour, "Images of Buenos Aires," in order to get acquainted with the lay of the land. Both my husband & I loved it! They have a daily tour, with different pick-up sites around the city. The tour was a combination of riding a very pleasant bus and walking (none of it strenuous). Our tour guide, Julian, was wonderful. He covered not just the normal tourist sights and information, but also added hugely interesting history, geography, anthropology, etc., information. Based on what we saw on the tour, we were able to narrow down the places we wanted to return to so that we could investigate them in more depth. For example, we were able to decide that our little view of La Boca (we got out to walk on the famous little alley that is in all the guide books) was plenty and that we didn't need to waste time coming back. The time spent in the Recoleta Cemetery made us positive that we wanted to check out the other large cemetery (La Chacarita).

We thought the price very reasonable ($25US per person) and well worth it. They have other tours available, as well ("Jewish Buenos Aires" and "Paris of the South" come to mind) and I plan on doing another one when we return. Their website is in English and Spanish (http://www.eternautas.com/). I was able to book our tour before I left the States. They did ask for an American Express card to book the reservations, but they were able to deal with it when I explained that I didn't carry that card. All in all, highly enjoyable. I highly recommend this outfit.

Miami Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
729 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I Recommend Eternautas Tours!

Thanks, Phonenix Dog. Glad to hear the positive experience of Eternautas. Like yourself, we would like to do an overview tour on our first day (we arrive at 8:30 AM) and their city tour starts in the afternoon, so it will fit nicely.

Where did you meet to start the tour?

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
245 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I Recommend Eternautas Tours!

Glad it worked well for you. I tried to arrange that same tour and ended up waiting for 45 minutes at the Alvear Palace for them to show up, but they didn't, and I wasn't able to connect with them and set up another day (partly my fault because I couldn't figure out how to access my apartment's voice mail -- I am apparently a technological moron). I would recommend carrying their phone number with you on the day of the tour in case you have trouble connecting with them at the meeting place. Sounds like it would have been a great tour. :(

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
141 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I Recommend Eternautas Tours!

Journeyer, we had them pick us up at the Axel Hotel, as that was the closest pick-up point to the apartment we rented. They have a lot of different spots they'll pick up from, however.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
141 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I Recommend Eternautas Tours!

Erdehoff, yes, I know what you mean -- they were approximately 30 minutes late picking us up, but I had their number with me and the concierge at the Axel Hotel very nicely offered to contact them for us. They were just running a little late on our day. Sorry you missed your tour -- It was a lot of fun. Better luck next time!

Miami Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
729 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I Recommend Eternautas Tours!

thanks for the info, phoenix dog! Can't wait to go!

6. Re: I Recommend Eternautas Tours!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 23:16