We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tango show - without dinner?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
145 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
tango show - without dinner?

I know a TON has been posted on tango shows, and I've read almost everything. But I don't think I've seen an answer to this exact question, and I apologize if it's out there and I missed it.

My husband and I will be on our honeymoon (end of December) and we're very into food - given that, we don't really want to give up one of our five dinners in BA for a mediocre dinner at a tango show but we do want to see a tango show. What should we do?

Should we go to Rojo Tango without dinner? Or a different one without dinner? Do VIP seating?

I am worried about being able to get seats if we show up after dinner (also about how early we'd have to eat by BA standards to get there on time) - if anyone has any experience with this please let me know.

Special Offer
Buenos Aires Super Saver: City...
137 reviews
from US$135.58*
US$152.63
Iguazu Falls Private Day Trip from...
6 reviews
from US$1,098.00*
Full Day Tour at a Farm in San...
61 reviews
from US$170.00*
Small-Group City Tour of Buenos Aires
202 reviews
from US$35.00*
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
8,814 posts
507 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tango show - without dinner?

Hello seg32:

I Do not tell if in Tango Red, you can only go see the show without the dinner included.

These places offer the show with or without dinner. Consultation schedules and prices to their web -

El Viejo Almacen:

Av Balcarce and Independence Avenue - San Telmo - Tel 4307-7388.

Recognized home of tango, linked to the memory of a great singer, Edmundo Rivero. Excellent international cuisine and national levels. Open Monday to Sunday dinner Hours: 20 hs.Horario Show: 22 pm.

Length: 1 hour 50 minutes. Dinner show $ see. (Drinks included), show only $ see.

Esquina Carlos Gardel:

Carlos Gardel 3200, Almagro - Phone 4867-6363.

Abasto, the neighborhood is associated with the history of tango. Orqeusta with a stable of piano, bass, violin and bandoneon, 3 pairs of dancers, singers and 2, in a scenery of pure tango. National and international cuisine. Dinner show $ see., Show only $ see .. Length: 90 minutes

Cafe de los Angelitos:

Avenida Rivadavia 2104

Of the Little Angels Cafe opened in 1890, the figures have become famous for the music of tango.

22 artists first level, by an orchestra composed of six musicians, an orchestra of young ladies, two singers and ten bailarines.Duración 90 minutes

Enjoy!!!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
145 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tango show - without dinner?

I appreciate the info. I guess I am trying to find out if we show up after dinner if we'll still be able to get good seats - specifically at Rojo Tango....

California
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tango show - without dinner?

We were at the Faena Hotel just a few weeks ago on a weekend night and I looked into the Rojo Tango. There were many tables available. The room is intimate in size so that no matter where you sit you should have a good view.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
258 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tango show - without dinner?

Seq32-

We did the show plus dinner at El Viejo Almacen. The show was fantastic and the dinner kind of sucked, so that might be a good one to pick for show only. Have fun!

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,210 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tango show - without dinner?

There is a good list of Tango shows and all their details in the Frommers Guides.

Just so you can get names, most of them have websites so you can get up to date info when you look them up online.

I think Cafe Tortoni is supposed to be a good show with no food..

Chicago
Level Contributor
8,229 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tango show - without dinner?

Cafe Tortoni had a nice tango show that you could do without dinner. I think the tango show was about 70 pesos. Alot of fun. We actually had dinner at Cafe Tortoni but wouldn't recommend it. It is more of a cafe for breakfast or snacks then a dinner place. Live and learn!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
145 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tango show - without dinner?

Well, Cafe Tortoni would certainly be a LOT cheaper than Faena! Decisions, decisions....

Thanks for the help everyone!

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tango show - without dinner?

I second Cafe Tortoni -- u can do the show without dinner and as stated already its about 70ARD. Its not a flashy or stagey as some of the other shows, but the cost makes it a great show for your buck. Its a small venue so seating is good and u can check out the beautiful buildig. When you make the reservation or your hotel makes it--be sure to get a # as that is what they use to let you in. There is no problem seeing the show without dinner. We did the late show -- 10:30 -- and i dont believe anyone had dinner as we were all let in about the same time.

On a previous trip we did several tango shows also without dinner. We never had a problem with the seating.

Have a great trip and a wonderful honeymoon!

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: tango show - without dinner?

You probably will have no problems showing up after dinner at Rojo Tango.

But if you want the best Tango Show and also a wonderful dinner go for Esquina Carlos Gardel.

The food has nothing less than most of the best restaurants: very tasteful empanadas, delicious meat and great dessert.

California
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: tango show - without dinner?

<Should we go to Rojo Tango without dinner?>

I can´t say because I have not seen the show. What I can tell you is that Cafe Tortoni is a great place for coffee, soda, etc. It is worth it to drop in there because it is a historical cafe. But if money is not the most important issue then I would skip going there for the show. Actually, the show is not bad. But, you are on your honeymoon. There is something quite sexy about the Faena. If you decide to go to the late show there then go into the bar/lounge afterward. Go on a weekend night. If you do decide to see the Rojo Tango give a report on the show! Also, because the time is late December I would make a reservation.