We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exchanging money

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
exchanging money

Hello All

In doing some research for our trip in February, it looks like the best thing to do is bring US $ and exchange at the Banco right outside of customs (not the cambios). It looks like some US travelers have had issues with getting A Pesos in the US?

Does anyone know the hours of this Banco at EZE? We will probably be arriving around 9:30PM from Salvador.

It also sounds like ATMs are not fully operational in Buenos Aires? I have a Bank of America and it seems like they charge high fees to withdraw money, but at the same time, I don't want to carry tons of cash around because we will be at Carnival in Salvador before arriving in BA. Is there also an ATM in the airport terminal where I can withdraw cash?

Thanks!

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exchanging money

Yes, there are ATM's in the terminal at EZE. We had no problem using ATMs throughout Argentina. Some had limits on the amounts you can withdraw varying from 300ARD to 700ARD. I would recommend that you explore getting a bank card that will reimburse your fees. Commerce Bank (now TD Bank) on the East Coast and in the NYC vicinity is one that has no charge ATMS cards.

Atlanta
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: exchanging money

Hi halankar - The Banco Nacion in Ezeiza exchanges $ 24/day as long as you have your passport and boarding pass stub. I asked them the last time I exchanged there a couple months back.

3. Re: exchanging money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 16:24