We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a Hotel that allows family of 4 to stay in same room

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
283 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Need a Hotel that allows family of 4 to stay in same room

Have any families out there had any luck finding hotel accomodations in Buenos Aires that allow the kids to stay in the room with you. We're a family of 4 and would like to save money by booking a single room with 2 double bed instead of 2 separate rooms. So far I haven't had any luck findng one. Even the hotels the guides books rate as family friendly don't allow more than 3 people in a room. Renting 2 rooms per night will double our costs and make this a very expensive holiday.

We do plan on renting an apartment for most of our stay. However there are several single nights that we need 1 night accomodation as we plan to come and go from Buenos Aires to other destinations.

Being from Canada where we never have a problem booking a room for a family of 4 (usually at no additional cost) I'm having a real hard time getting my head around the idea of having to book 2 rooms for a night.

Oddly enough we aren't having this same problem in Uruguay!

Portland
Level Contributor
724 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a Hotel that allows family of 4 to stay in same room

Renting an apartment will probably be cheaper than getting those two rooms, even if you don't stay there the entire time.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
283 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a Hotel that allows family of 4 to stay in same room

The problem is that we only need a room for one night on 3 different occasions. Apartments rentals require a minimum stay of 3 nights and usually 7 nights unless it's the Art Suites and they're just really expensive for 4 people. I've checked!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
283 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a Hotel that allows family of 4 to stay in same room

What I'm trying to say is that we'll be in BsAs and then travel to a different location for 3-4 nights then back to BsAs and away again for another 3 nights. Then we want to stay in a hotel on our last night or 2 so we can check out with ease and get to the airport. No waiting around for some one from the apartment rental company to come by and check for damage and to return our deposit. That's why we're looking for a hotel.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a Hotel that allows family of 4 to stay in same room

I've not heard of any hotels that do not allow 2 children to stay in the room with their parents. heck - I've been in hotels that had 3 beds in the room. I suspect the limit that's imposed is on more than 3 unrelated adults sharing a room.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
283 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a Hotel that allows family of 4 to stay in same room

Karmalaw

We've been in touch with a few hotels via the internet and have not had any luck finding a moderate priced room for the 4 of us. Holiday Inn Express, Sheraton. Doing a search through trip booking sites like expedia all come up with "exceeds number of persons per room" when requesting a room for 2 adults and 2 children. I have found a small handfull of quad room listings through the TA link but the prices they quote me are fairly high. $320US/night for a room and that's in July not even peak season.

Looks like we'll have to bite the bullet. That will mean we'll be eating macarroni everynight for the rest of the year!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a Hotel that allows family of 4 to stay in same room

Have you tried just booking directly with the hotel?

Or, if you insist on booking through one of the websites -- just book a room with 2 double beds and check in -- I can't imagine anyone is going to tell you to send your children to another room -- OR, if they do say something, pay an additional person charge in cash -- it will most likely be far less than an entire extra room.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a Hotel that allows family of 4 to stay in same room

BTW, have you tried booking with 2 double/queen beds and listing only 1 child? does it go through that way? If so, that's what I would book and deal with any charge for the extra child when I got to the hotel.

Then again - - I'm adventurous and just BELIEVE that things will turn out well.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
283 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need a Hotel that allows family of 4 to stay in same room

Yeah, I've thought of that.

But I'm an "A" type personality that has to have everything organized otherwise I don't sleep at night. I worry about what we would do if they wouldn't let us just pay an additional charge for the 4th person and if there wasn't an extra room left in the hotel and if we can't find another hotel because its too late at night and what will happen to the starving children in Dafur etc etc. My husband on the other hand is very fly by the seat of his pants. We'll just get a hotel when we get there type guy.

I'll have to narrow down some hotel choices with 2 double bed/room and phone them direct to see what they say. I should just stop worrying. I'm sure everything will work out. I'm just over tired. I'll take a melatonin (sp?) and go to bed now. Everything will work out in the morning...or not! ;)

Portland
Level Contributor
724 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need a Hotel that allows family of 4 to stay in same room

I hate Expedia. You can never talk to people there. What about Ayres de Recoleta? you could try that.

Portland
Level Contributor
724 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Need a Hotel that allows family of 4 to stay in same room

It's like an apartment, but with some hotel services.