We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argentina over Vietnam in April?

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
Level Contributor
78 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Argentina over Vietnam in April?

Can you stay in palermo or ricoletto on less than 100 US a night? How many nights should we plan on seeing the city and taking a tango lesson or two? And then where? Mendoza for malbec or Iguazu Fall for how many nights? Would love some advice, since i THINK we're choosing this pricier place over Vietnam? How different is weather in B.A. vs. Mendoza or Iguazu?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Argentina over Vietnam in April?

Argentina is not necessarily an inexpensive destination. It offers Euro quality with better prices;thus equaling more value. It would be impossible to compare Vietnam with Argentina. It's a totally different experience. Buenos Aires*(5ights) is a very cosmopolitan international city.

It's possible to find hotels for $US100 or less. Have a look at www.expedia.com for your travel dates to get an idea of hotels,locations and pricing since hotel prices vary by season and demand.

Unless, you have alot of vacation time, then going to other areas of Argentina are going to require an airflight. Airtravel within S. America is quite expensive and the airflights to both Igauzu and Mendoza(3mights) could be more than you rt from the States.

Have a look at www.lan.com, www.aerolineas.com for airtravel prices during your vacation.

Have a look at www.welcomeargentina.com for descriptions of the various areas of interest.

Igauzu Falls are the largest in the world. Mendoza is an excellent wine growing area if you like to visit wineries and enjoy high Andes experiences.

The Seasons are opposite in S. America;so right now we are finishing Summer and going into Fall in April. The weather will be good in all the areas which you mention. Igauzu(2days) is tropical so will be warmer.

BA
Level Contributor
709 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Argentina over Vietnam in April?

tough one. Viet Nam is my favourite country in the world (followed by brazil), i am not including argentina in this as that would be biased.

You can´t compare both countries or the experiences you would have in both. Vietnam is certainly cheaper than argentina particularly the country side (the two large cities hotels would be similarly priced to BA), but the big difference is the countryside.

Vietnam is a worn torn country and argentina a crisis torn country.

Argentina is more sophisticated (or we like to think so).

Vietnam has the best cuisine in the world (or I´d like to think so).

You won´t get hassled by street / beach sellers in Argentina. You will, in Vietnam.

Oh, I could go on and on.... I think I´ll go home and make some PHO.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Argentina over Vietnam in April?

Having been to both countries, if someone today told me I had to make a choice right now to visit either Vietnam or Argentina, I would easily choose Vietnam.

One thing to know about me is I really prefer places that are completely culturally different from where I live. I love the assault on the senses I experienced while visiting Vietnam. And yes, the food is fabulous! I ate pho every day for breakfast!

San Carlos de...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Argentina over Vietnam in April?

I believe this is a classic comparison of Apples and Oranges.

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Argentina over Vietnam in April?

Hello

Just back from Argentina and it is the best place we have ever been. BsAs is fantastic! Iguazu is fantastic!(3 nights) Los Dos Hermanos Estancia is fantastic!

Never been to V/Nam but is def on my list as our friends said it was great(they still preferred Argentina)

Internal flights are extortionate for foreigners and while we loved Iguazu we also heard good things about Cordoba, Bariloche and the far South.

I agree that BsAs is not cheap as such, its just excellent value compared to Britain, though Americans might not notice such a difference

Cheers

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,569 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Argentina over Vietnam in April?

What month are you travelling? That matters as well unless you don't care about weather. Seeing you are from California and can get to wine country anytime, I would choose Iguazu Falls. In fact, I would choose Iguazu Falls anyway as it is quite spectacular. But if I had one last trip to take in my life and then I would die, I would take Vietnam. Cheaper, cooler, different culture, better food.

7. Re: Argentina over Vietnam in April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 08:17