We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feb 4-Feb 13, 2010???

chicago
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Feb 4-Feb 13, 2010???

Is this a good time to visit BA? Is it enough time to see BA and either Punta Del Este or Mendoza? My husband doesn't have a ton of vacation time so we want to make sure we're allowing ourselves enough time to see these places. Thanks!!!

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,581 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feb 4-Feb 13, 2010???

I would focus my attention on Buenos Aires and Mendoza for your vacation time.

I just had some friends visit during this same time period this year and their group went to Punta del Este for a couple of days. The feedback was that they wished that they had spent more time in BA and Mendoza and skipped PDE. There is so much to see and experience in the city and in the wine and Andes region of Mendoza and you have a limited schedule.

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feb 4-Feb 13, 2010???

I VOTE for the NW!

make your own research, we have time...

Giena

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feb 4-Feb 13, 2010???

It will be hot during the February timeframe. What about including Iguazu Falls? The Falls are incredible. I think for BA a minimum of 5 days is needed to even scracth the surface of BA.

U might want to read some of the many Trip Reports that people have done on BA and the various other destinations u are thinking about. Arg is huge and what u choose to see depends on what you really like to do. On our first trip we had a very hard time figuring out where to go. We ended up spending 8 days in BA, 2 nights at IF and a couple nights on the Pampas at estancia.

4. Re: Feb 4-Feb 13, 2010???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 12:21