We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

soccer game

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
soccer game

I have always wanted to go to a "real" soccer game. The Argentines seem very passionate about their soccer (Futbol).

I have heard it can be kind of crazy. Is it safe for a gringo to go one of these games.

Jason

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: soccer game

Hi jgreemore !!

Yes,, we really are very passionate about our futbol.

Depending on the matches, it could be more o less dangerous.

On the other hand, River Plate and Boca Juniors are used to receive tourists.

The thing is that's an event where you have to take care of yourself and your belongings. And I don't say you as a tourist, I mean people in general, locals too.

And one more thing, I don't recommend going to the stadium with little children.

Enjoy !

Silvia

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: soccer game

Boca Juniors Ticket Office is open for today game up to 18hs..

The game is 20.30hs.

Regards,

Alejandro

europe
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: soccer game

we are going to be in ba in january. will we be able to catch a match?

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,824 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: soccer game

www.Tangol.com

www.gofutbol.com

You can go in a tour group to a futbol game also .. look at their websites and see if this appeals to you.. sort of sounds easier to do than to try to go on your own.. or it would be for me :)

lol, I have to laugh at the statement .. " Argentines seem very passionate about their soccer (Futbol) ....

An understatement if ever there was one ! :)

5. Re: soccer game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2010, 05:17