We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's GREAT to be back in BA,etc

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
698 reviews
Save Topic
It's GREAT to be back in BA,etc

We arrived yesterday.......after 14 months away.....and honestly.....I can't figure out WHY this city is SO special for my husband and myself!

Checked in to an ap't with bytArgentina...and have read them the riot act regarding the negative posts on TA. So far,so good. Our ap't on Ruggieri/Cervino ($1260/mo) has met our expectations......the owner also seems cooperative and terrific....and we adore the n'hood. We were just 2 blocks away last time.

Did empanadas yesterday at Dona Eulogia....Castex 3425 and just returned from a mediodia LUNCH at La Dorita(Humboldt and Costa Rica) with leftovers for another meal. The portions were HUGE... and everything was de-lish!

There is no doubt that most prices on everything are up about 25-30% over last year.....but still reasonable compared to the States. WHERE can YOU get a 6 course lunch like we had for $US23 incl tip. We had the lunch for $40.

Looking forward to the festivities at Puerto Madero this weekend AND the ballet at Parque Centenario.

PS The lines at EZE to pay our $131/pp were so efficient, they went like clock work. Wish the supermarket lines were as quick.!

For those interested in transport to the city: taxiEZE: 118 pesos,VIP Remis: 150 pesos....Tienda quoted me 179 pesos. Surprised at the disparity.

AND Banco Nacion IS open 24 hours.

Wishes for a great weekend to all.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It's GREAT to be back in BA,etc

Welcome back !!

I am glad that everything is going so well, I wish you a wonderful holiday ...

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: It's GREAT to be back in BA,etc

hello morewierd !!

Have an excellent stay here and enjoy !!

Glad to know that you'll be in Parque Centenario at my neighbourhood - Caballito

Cheers

Silvia

3. Re: It's GREAT to be back in BA,etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2010, 06:19