We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What kind of clothing for first week in August

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Haven, MO
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
What kind of clothing for first week in August

Should I summer clothing or fall clothing?

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,851 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What kind of clothing for first week in August

August is still winter here ....

Look at weather underground for temperatures.

Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What kind of clothing for first week in August

In Buenos Aires? Bring your warmest coat! It`ll be the coldest time of the year.

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What kind of clothing for first week in August

According to wunderground the average high in August is 16, and the average low is 9. Does anyone from Canada have recommendations on what they packed in their experience? If it is 16 most days I would be wearing a t-shirt and jeans here in Toronto, definitely not my warmest coat (or any at all). A light jacket or sweater would be necessary at night I presume, and on colder than average days.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
991 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What kind of clothing for first week in August

7cld, I am sure as a Canadian your resistence to the cold is much higher etc....but what you need to know is in BA there are sunny sides to the street and shady sides...the streets of BA are like large columns of wind tunnels that can get freezing...having been there in August on a couple of occasions it was in FACT COLD...on August 3, 2008 we arrived from WINTER in Sydney to 3 deg celsius at 1:00pm....that is cold no matter where you come from!!

Remember you will be coming from summer so it may feel a little colder for you...I would bring a JACKET/COAT etc.

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What kind of clothing for first week in August

Yepp, 3 degrees is definitely coat weather.

This is the temperature record for August 2009 (Scroll down to the monthly calendar overview). Hope that helps.

wunderground.com/history/…MonthlyHistory.html

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What kind of clothing for first week in August

7cld,

If this helps, I moved to Buenos Aires from Montreal and I wear a coat, scarf and gloves when it's in the teens. I am used to serious winters, but I find that the humidity and wind make 10 degrees feel really chilly. I wear cashmere sweaters a lot, including ones that were too heavy for Montreal's overheated apartments. I don't mean to say that the winters are frigid here, but I'm constantly surprised that I'm cold in 15-degree temps.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What kind of clothing for first week in August

T he almanac feature on Weather Underground allows you to search historical highs and lows for specific dates. The site also features summary charts for high/low temps and precipitation by month. August highs average 61 and the average low is 48, with an average of 2.63 inches of rainfall and sunshine 24% of the time.

wunderground.com/NORMS/DisplayIntlNORMS.asp…

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What kind of clothing for first week in August

I have family members who live in Canada, but when they come to visit in our winter, they say they feel colder here. Even though it doesn´t snow in Buenos Aires, the wind chill can make it feel very very cold. You will also spend more time out in the street and in in open air spaces, so you´ll need a good coat.

9. Re: What kind of clothing for first week in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2010, 14:36
10. Re: What kind of clothing for first week in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2011, 07:16