We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teatro Colon entre Dec. 27 y Enero 2 de 2011

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Guelph, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Teatro Colon entre Dec. 27 y Enero 2 de 2011

Hola, estaremos visitando Buenos Aires desde el 27 de Diciembre al 2 de Enero de 2011. Habra algun show durante esos dias o algun tour para conocer el teatro? Muchas gracias.

Adriana

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
943 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Teatro Colon entre Dec. 27 y Enero 2 de 2011

Adriana, la ultima funcion del Teatro Colon es el 23 de Diciembre, y no habra nada despues de esa fecha, por lo menos hasta febrero.

Lamentablemente los tours todavia no han comenzado y no hay informacion al respecto.

Guelph, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Teatro Colon entre Dec. 27 y Enero 2 de 2011

Muchas gracias por la informacion.

Podrias avisarme cuando tengas noticias de los tour porfavor?

Gracias.

Adriana

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
943 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Teatro Colon entre Dec. 27 y Enero 2 de 2011

Adriana, tratare de recordarlo, pero fijate en el website del teatro Colon, seguramente lo anunciaran alli:

http://www.teatrocolon.org.ar/

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
42 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Teatro Colon entre Dec. 27 y Enero 2 de 2011

Hi, sorry to write in English. I can read Spanish, but can't write it too well. Does anyone yet know about performances at the Teatro Colon in January 2011? Like Adriana, we are also in Buenos Aires for a few days at the beginning of January and would love to visit the Theatre.

I checked the Teatro website but couldn't find anything there.

Corona, California
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Teatro Colon entre Dec. 27 y Enero 2 de 2011

Why are you sorry to write in English., I thought this was an English forum? We are in BA right now and have tried on our last four visits to see the inside of the Theatre. They are not giving tours until next year. There is only one concert that we are interested in and all they had left was standing room and seats where you can't see the orchestra. My wife asked them if you could hear the orchestra. hehe. Even though I have a bad food and standing for a long time is a problem, we chose standing. The price was cheap enough that if we leave after the first number it will be worth it to just see the theatre and experience the acoustics. William Tell Overture and The Planets by Gustav Holtz. Don't remember the third number.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Teatro Colon entre Dec. 27 y Enero 2 de 2011

It would appear from the Colon website that the season will end on December 22nd. There might be some special Christmas performances, but not mentioned.

According to the website, the tours are going to resume soon.

Be sure to try for a tour when you are there in January. They are quite good.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
42 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Teatro Colon entre Dec. 27 y Enero 2 de 2011

Yeah, I only mentioned writing in English because the previous posts were from Spanish speakers. I hope you are enjoying yourselves in BA - we are really looking forward to our visit. We will try and catch a concert or a tour as Richardo suggests, if there are any available. Either way, we will get a chance to see the inside of the theatre.

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Teatro Colon entre Dec. 27 y Enero 2 de 2011

Keys2 - the other work is Elgar's cello concerto. (FYI the Planets is by Holst :-))

I also have a standing ticket - so might just see you there on 4 November!

9. Re: Teatro Colon entre Dec. 27 y Enero 2 de 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2011, 06:17