We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse riding in/ around Buenos Aires

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey, Channel...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Horse riding in/ around Buenos Aires

Hello,

My boyfriend and I will be ariving in Buenos Aires in a couple of weeks and we are looking to do some horse riding. We are on a pretty tight budget as have been travelling for a long time now and so do not want anything too expensive, possibly just a one day trek. I have experiene but my boyfriend doesnt. Can anyone recommend any companies they have had experience with? The health, condition well being of the horses is very important to me and I will only go with a company which treats its animals very well.

Thanks

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse riding in/ around Buenos Aires

Maybe you should explore a day trip to an Estancia, which you might want to do anyway.... and the horses can be part of that package.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,851 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse riding in/ around Buenos Aires

El Ombu Estancia

http://www.estanciaelombu.com/

Los Dos Hermanos

http://www.estancialosdoshermanos.com/

Try these :)

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse riding in/ around Buenos Aires

Los Dos Hermanos has excellent horses and provides more of a riding experience than estancias set up for a day in the country. Los Dos Hermanos is geared toward a quality horse back riding experience measured in hours before and after lunch....most of the tourist estancias rides are limited to 15 or 20 minutes, worked in around shows and a BBQ...Both are fun but totally different kinds of experiences.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse riding in/ around Buenos Aires

I enjoyed the services of Argentina Horse Adventures and does David Sauerman has some great trips from Colonia Uruguay to the Andes or a day to an Estancia with excellent horses and hosting! Check it out!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse riding in/ around Buenos Aires

Yes, David Sauerman is your man - argentinahorseadventures.com

I did a fabulous day riding the beach in Uruguay. I also did a half day riding endurance arabs in the BA ciountryside. David does a variety of tours. He was formerly a professional show jumper. He only endorses tours where the horses are well looked after and professional. It was the highlight of my trip to BA

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horse riding in/ around Buenos Aires

A place I would recommend is the Puesto Viejo Polo Club and Estancia in Canuelas which is only about 50 minutes from Buenos Aires City. You can stay there and make a weekend of it or just go as a day visitor. It is a really nice place to visit and it is popular with the Polo fraternity. They have good horses to ride and they are very well taken care of.

Buenos Aires...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Horse riding in/ around Buenos Aires

I thoroughly enjoyed the services of Argentina Horse Adventures , he has a great selection of activities and at all the venues you can really ride. David is a real character and really knows a great deal about horses and has many stories to tell; wonderful having him in attendance at all the activities.

Look no further !

8. Re: Horse riding in/ around Buenos Aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2013, 10:18