We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LetsGoArgentina.com Apartments in Buenos Aires

New York City
2 posts
Save Topic
LetsGoArgentina.com Apartments in Buenos Aires

I wanted to pass along a very good site and business for finding apartments in Buenos Aires. This past December I was looking for a two week stay near the city center and found Let's Go Argentina website: http://www.LetsGoArgentina.com/

They offer apartments all over the city and I was very glad to find one near Recoleta in Barrio Norte. I was put in contact with Santiago who runs the company with a team of employees. He was very professional, and sweet, as he met us at the apartment after giving us very good directions to get there, as we were first time BA'ers.

The apartment was very spacious, clean (and a cleaning lady came and helped during our stay which was over the top!) and perfectly situated in the city. Literally, we walked everywhere and were able to enjoy the A/C upon our return. We were provided a list of the sites, restaurants and bars that only a local would know about. I am still telling friends about the parillas that Santiago recommended. We would never have found those anywhere else.

The apartment was very spacious, nicely decorated and definitely a great place to feel 'local' while taking in the city.

The team at LetsGoArgentina was professional and very responsive to any questions. The added individual attention will definitely get me to use them again when I return.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
747 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LetsGoArgentina.com Apartments in Buenos Aires

Thanks for the info! But you have to realize that we as a group are always wary of a first time poster who either raves or whines.

If you had such a terrific time and enjoyed the sites,bars and restaurants that ONLY a local would know about......HOW ABOUT sharing that with this forum!

Cheers, Ronnie

New York City
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: LetsGoArgentina.com Apartments in Buenos Aires

I can understand Ronnie. We all have to start somewhere on here, eh? I thought by giving a good company to people who are looking to rent was part of this forum.

The restaurants and things to do seem to be on separate forums so that was where I thought I needed to post those. Since you requested, I'll post a couple of my favorites on here. Santiago provided a list of 13 different restaurants and we tried seven of those.

Parilla Pena is a mid-priced mixed grill place that is my favorite. Everyone seemed to be local and no tourists (except us). After the first time going there, we were treated like locals, too. We ended up going there four times. Its located on Rodriguez Pena between Viamonte and Tucuman. A nice couple saw me spying one of her plates, which she recommended that I order only half. Fortunately, I did because it was the best sweetbreads I have ever had.

The other parilla was Cumana, on Rodriguez Pena between Santa Fe and Arenales. there were more tourists than the other place because it is a half block from a major road but we went right by it because the sign was very small and no major lighting on it at night. A helpful mother and daughter identified the building for us. Again, the restaurant is very low key, the wine is decent and inexpensive but the meat is fresh and grilled medium rare, the way I enjoy it. Its the type of place that Argentinian families come with their children and don't want to pay a lot for dinner.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
747 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LetsGoArgentina.com Apartments in Buenos Aires

I agree, you DO have to start somewhere....but!

Parilla Pena is on my list when we arrive in 2 weeks. Enjoyed Cumana last year.....but I wouldn't make a special trip to eat there. I'd have to be in the n'hood......AND since it's close to El Atenio Splendid....probably will eat there again. I had a wonderful stew there and the dessert DH & I shared was sublime!

How's NYC these days????? Grew up there.....but at this point I probably know BA better than I know NYC......except for the sites of course AND Chinatown.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,319 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LetsGoArgentina.com Apartments in Buenos Aires

I seem to remember someone else advertising or praising LetsGo recently ....

You might want to put these recommendations in the section for hotels etc ..

We were just there , today .. Cumana, Rod Pena etc ..

So what about your visit here ? Besides the apt that sounds like most apts here that are rented, what did you do ? I don't remember you posting here Before your trip, how did you do with the taxis and money etc ?

Edited: 23 February 2011, 00:27
Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Nice
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LetsGoArgentina.com Apartments in Buenos Aires

Oh oh, oh oh.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LetsGoArgentina.com Apartments in Buenos Aires

how was your communication with them? They were recommended by an friend who has used them before. They were initially a little slow to respond. Now that I have an apartment reserved and have paid my reservation deposit, I've been waiting for several days now to get a confirmation to a slight date change; I have emailed them twice. My communication seems to have been with Santiago, though the email address is very generic ("info@...")

Thanks for your insights! :-)

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
556 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LetsGoArgentina.com Apartments in Buenos Aires

morewierd: I am curious why you are not fond of Cumana? My DH & I loved this quirky place when we were in BA last time. We ate several meals, there.

I have noticed a couple of sightly negative reviews on the forum on Cumana, lately.

On our first visit, we enjoyed their lomo picante (lightly spiced beef tenderloin) empanadas. But, for me the star was their squash, corn & cheese empanadas. I loved the slightly charred flavor on the tender pastry of all their empanadas. The second visit, we had a pizza that was so big that we took nearly half of it back to our apartment. We reheated it and had it with a salad for our lunch the next day. Quite a bargain! The third time we went to Cumana, I had noquis con crema de tomate y albahaca, gnocchi in a creamy tomato sauce & basil with a melted cheese topping. It was so delicious that I could have bathed in it. My DH had the double baked stuffed potato stuffed with cheese & bacon. It was the size of a football & he ate all of it plus some of my noquis! We shared a bottle of Malbec, as well.

La Cholita, their sister restaurant is next door to Cumana. For dinner, there, we had the La Cholita chicken salad that was a meal in its self! We also, had their barbecued baby back ribs ...to die for! A bottle of La Linda Malbec completed this feast. The food is as good as their sister restaurant, Cumana. I wish we had both these restaurants at home!

We didn't eat steaks at either restaurant as we saved eating those at well know parillas.

Parilla Pena is near the top of my list to try, this time!

8. Re: LetsGoArgentina.com Apartments in Buenos Aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2012, 10:22
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now