We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer EZE to AEP Buenos Aires

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfer EZE to AEP Buenos Aires

My husband and I are going to Chile in December, we are flying Aeorlineas Argentinas and have been informed we have to transfer airports from EZE to AEP. We arrive in Buenos Aires at 1535 and our fight leaving AEP to Santiago is at 1900.

What is the expected price to pay for this transfer?

The last time I went to Chile you didn't have to transfer airports in Buenos Aires, just planes, but every time I have flowen with Aeorlineas Argentinas my flights have been delayed leaving NZ, so if our flight does get delayed, will we have enough time to transfer and make our flight to Chile?

Thank you in advance :)

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,800 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfer EZE to AEP Buenos Aires

The transfer time can be around 1 hour between the airports. If you expect the immigration and luggage time can be around 30 minutes, then you can easily make your 1900 departure time.

However, if your arrival flight is more than 30 minutes late then you may have a problem making that 1900 departure.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfer EZE to AEP Buenos Aires

Cool, thanks, do you know what happens if our NZ to BA flight is delayed? Also do you know the price for transfer? As I've heard some people have been ripped off.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,800 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfer EZE to AEP Buenos Aires

The cost of transfer without getting ripped off can range from 55 to199 pesos depending on the mode of transport.

Tienda Leon offers an airport transfer shuttle for 55 pesos per person. Also,they offer a private car for 199 pesos for the car which holds 1 to 4 passengers depending on the amount of luggage.

Other companies which offers the same service are TAXIEZE,World and VIP.

All are located after the customs/luggage area within the terminal.

If you go outside the terminal and use a taxi from the curb then there is a good chance that you would be ripped off.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfer EZE to AEP Buenos Aires

What airline are you travelling? I am asking because both Lan and Aerolineas do have connections out of Ezeiza to Santiago as well. On the whole I look for Aeroparque departures if I am staying in the city but it seems really cumbersome to have to transfer airports in this way after a long international flight. Are you able to speak to the airline directly and see what other options they may have for you on that day? Sometimes reservations agents will book what the computer tells them is the best available but will not look into it further. I would rattle their cage a little mostly because of the inconvenience after a long flight.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfer EZE to AEP Buenos Aires

Sorry I did not read your question correctly. You are travelling on Aerolineas so I would definetely rattle their cage. They should have a better connection for you out of Ezeiza, or otherwise an alternate date where you do not have to transfer airports.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfer EZE to AEP Buenos Aires

I have just looked on their site and it seems they are now only flying from Aeroparque. You should be fine for time on the transfer to Aeroparque from Ezeiza and recently I think their ontime performance from both Sydney and Auckland has improved. You probably had the option of Lan Chile directly into Santiago but often there is a price difference there as well.

minnesota
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfer EZE to AEP Buenos Aires

Three of us just did that transfer and took EZIA for 150 pesos. It took about 40 minutes, but it was Sat am.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
440 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfer EZE to AEP Buenos Aires

I recommend taking the Manuel Tienda Leon shuttle bus from EZE to AEP. It's clean, comfortable, cheap, and punctual. Or, as Ricardo mentioned, you can take their private car service for only $25 USD more. Are you arriving on a weekday or a weekend? Obviously the traffic is much lighter on a weekend afternoon...

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Transfer EZE to AEP Buenos Aires

Thanks for all your feedback, we wanted to fly LAN but it would have costed us over $2000 more. We are flying on a Thursday. Would we need to reserve with Manuel Tienda Leon before we leave NZ or just wait til we get there? I haven't flown Aerolineas for 3 years so I hope they are more punctual! :)

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
440 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Transfer EZE to AEP Buenos Aires

No need to reserve in advance, just buy your tickets when you arrive at EZE. After you leave the baggage/customs area, you'll see the MTL kiosk, and can buy seats for the next departing shuttle (and they take credit cards, in case you haven't yet withdrawn pesos.)

I've taken 10 Aerolineas flights between MIA and BA since 2009. They've actually been surprisingly punctual! The longest delay I've had was 1 hour out of Ezeiza. Hopefully service out of NZ is similar!