We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apt locations and thoughts pls

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
392 posts
740 reviews
Save Topic
apt locations and thoughts pls

Hi Im back after some intensive research and was hoping I could get some thoughts/feedbacks on some apts we have found to be available for our upcoming BA trip (3 months starting in Nov) - all are around Palermo/Recoleta:

1. santa fe/bustamante

flipkey.com/buenos-aires-condo-rentals/p2549…

2. Soler y Arévalo I

www.andreasstylebarentals.com/rental.php…

3. parana and santa fe

http://www.recoletaterrace.com/parana_e.html

4. santa fe and ayacucho

http://www.recoletaterrace.com/santafe_e.html

5. Laprida / Pacheco de Melo

apartmentsba.com/apartment-rentals-1/…

6. Ugarteche / Segui,Palermo

apartmentsba.com/system/…

7. Palermo: Ugarteche St bet. Las Heras St. & Juncal St

buenosaireshabitat.com/apartment_n182.html

8. Palermo Viejo / Soho, Darregueyra St. bet. Guatemala St. & Paraguay St.

buenosaireshabitat.com/apartment_n290.html

9. soler and borges

www.bytargentina.com/re/propview.php…

10 soler and arevalo

11 austria and pena

12 ayacucho and pena

13 bustamante

www.reynoldspropiedades.com/properties/…

14 posadas and pena

15 Guatemala 5800

sorry for long list but so much choice, we think we will be going to Vamos spanish school on coronel diaz and guemes.

Appreciate all the help everyone has been giving

James

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apt locations and thoughts pls

My vote (based on location only) goes to # 6 .

# 7 might be fine too, but could be noisy due to its closeness to Las Heras.

In both cases, your spanish school would be about a 10 min. walk away.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,373 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apt locations and thoughts pls

I agree with Vero that # 6 is wonderfully located - and the apt. itself appears to be larger than many one bedroom apts., and quite nice. You might inquire as to the Sq. Ft. in the apts. BA Habitat generally gives that info on the site.

#7 is an apt. that I believe dl - who writes on this Forum (AKA yestravel) -rented this year, and found it a bit small. I will alert her to this thread.

Lots of choices. Be aware, however, that the fact that an apt. appears to be available on the Web-site, does not assure that it is actually available for your dates - so do not get wedded to any single apt., until you have your dates locked in. (Rarely, though it does happen, sometimes an owner will pull an apt. even after you have locked in - but again, rarely).

Good luck,

~Marnie

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,600 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apt locations and thoughts pls

Looks like the fans of Palermo Botanico are out in force....lol...

Add me to the list: 6 would be my first choice!

I like it that the owner is specified. Renting through BYT, a rental is only as good a the individual owner in case something goes wrong.

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apt locations and thoughts pls

Marnie is correct -- we rented #7 for 10 days this past March. It's a comfortable apt and there is lots of storage space in the bedroom. The balcony is really not one for sitting out on as they were quite tiny. As shown the LR has a small sofa and one chair. The table for the DR is really too large for the apt. We ended up pushing it into the corner to give more space. The apt is small and I would not be happy in it for 3 months. The location is good and we did not hear noise from Las Heras. BAHAbitat was great to work with. But as Marnie pointed out our original choice for apts was pulled several months before our trip and this was a fallback. I think that seems to happen for shorter rental periods than you're looking for.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apt locations and thoughts pls

I would avoid every apt that is on Santa Fe.

and Las Heras.

# 5 and # 6 , and # 11 Austria & Pena is not bad at all,

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
392 posts
740 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: apt locations and thoughts pls

well as the dr says looks like botanica is the area of choice, I didnt realise it was such a close walk to our school which is terrific. I take the warning of BYT on board there is definitely some very mixed feedback on them.

Marnie - all these apartments come direct from the agents as being available but understand your point that can change (i had about 30 but tried to whittle it down haha).

Thanks for your feedback dl - we would prefer a large balcony as that is very imp to us, we live in HK so are used to very small apts and find balconies help to open them up.

Thanks all for the feedback - plenty more to think about.

Can I just ask what people think of the pal hollywood area? we have read good reviews from others staying there although i appreciate it is further out

thanks guys

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
698 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: apt locations and thoughts pls

You got it, Dr.D. Palermo Botanico fans ARE out in force.

I, too, vote for number 6, but I'd want to know the floor it's on and what the sq. footage is before I booked!

Cheers, Ronnie

PS. If you are staying 3 months.........Palermo Botanico IS the place to be.

teamflames: I'm going to PM you.......looking for a place to stay in Hong Kong.....mid-Oct. that will NOT break my bank.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,600 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: apt locations and thoughts pls

My take on Palermo Hollywood. A neighborhood in transition. Some great restaurants, most on the pricey side for BA. Some great new apartment buildings and remodeled older ones.

And some shabbier areas that have not been rehabbed as part of the neighborhoods rebirthing experience. Blocks that are awaiting renaissance are sometimes a bit too dark and foreboding for me.

I think one or two of our forum regulars live in Hollywood...they probably have a little different take. I will hang up and make way for the advocates for Palermo Hollywood.

9. Re: apt locations and thoughts pls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 03:17